Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you commute to work?

On a bicycle for about 15 minutes.

Depends what kind of work I'm doing - fun work or work work-
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Early S Junkie # 658

Lately it's been either one of these. The M3 or the Titanic. Although, I wouldn't necessarily call a 4 mile drive a commute....
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

I commute on this trusty steed, my 2006 Vespa GTS 250ie. I ride from Mill Valley over the Golden Gate Bridge to the Presidio in San Francisco, a distance of around 10 miles. I try and ride it everyday through rain or shine! It can do 65mph on the freeway, gets 65 mpg and I go through the carpool toll on the bridge. Parking in the city is a breeze too. If you see me on the freeway give me a little honk and try not to kill me please!

Cheers

-Kav

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  131.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kav View Post
    It can do 65mph on the freeway
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  131.8 KB
    65 up the hill before the tunnel too ? I'd be scared of riding a vespa on the freeway... I'll honk if I see you !!
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Depends on the wind! I stay over to the right and try keep out of folks way!

work taxi

hi,
    i work as a harbour pilot in Newcastle on the east coast of Australia.
    my 'commute' if you like is in one of our MD500 helicopters, we get flown out to the ships
    about 5 miles of the coast, dropped off, and then guide the ships back in to port.
    for someone that doesnt like small planes i think i'm up to about 3000 transfers by helo
    Craig
    Newcastle, Australia
    ESR #1479

1973 2.4E Coupe ex Hong Kong ex Norfolk Island ex New Zealand now in Oz
    (Autowerks restored stunner)
    http://www.autowerks.com.au/porsche_projects/index.html

1972 2.4E Targa ex Germany ex Japan now in Oz
    (another Autowerks project)

1969 built E based Vintage Racer
    (another Autowerks beauty)
    http://s12.photobucket.com/?postlogin=true

We have a winner !!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

My Little Horsey . . .

. . . '91 318iS

Purchased in ~'04 . . . w/38k mi

280k, now

Like most BMWs, an outwardly unremarkable car that just . . . goes about its business

This one 's my 30 MpG hooptie . . . but that doesn't mean he isn't fun. Or capable

Has a bunch of chassis reinforcements (welded-in-type stuff), M3 LCA bushes, along w/ Eibach sta-bars, and a mechanical (BMW) LSD. 16" (plus-2) one-piece forged alu wheels = 12.7 lbs/ea. Brakes are std BMW . . . but nitrogen-dipped + slotted. Just had the motor re-built, back in Jan --- $8.5k's-worth! . . . new pistons, forged crank, balanced everything, etc-etc-etc . . . still basically stock --- even the silencer is original --- and just about ready to fall off, too (got my eye on this tidy little stainless-steel SuperSprint unit) . . . but he's good for another 300k mi. (Lost the compression ring in #3, otherwise the motor would never 've come out; main bearings still looked brand new. Thank you, RedLine)

Outside --- everything 's Euro = side-markerless bumpers, H1 + H4 lighting, Euro grills, and an Mtech deck spoiler

For me --- this is the ultimate iteration of BMW's venerable e30 --- the Last of the Clamshells . . . and ---- IMO . . . just about the BMW-est car that the company ever put out. Roomy/seats 4-5, great glassy visibilty, BIG trunk, lotsa plastic but all handsome/durable/well-wearing, and beautifully built. Mechanically simple/straight-forward = easy care

Clever car, too . . . like w/ all the skeletonized structure in the trunk

Be 25 years old in Oct

Unless I crash him --- or he's stolen . . .

. . . I expect to put a million miles on this Little Guy
    Last edited by LongRanger; 09-18-2015 at 10:45 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

My (Sorta) New Every-day . . .

. . . '05 Highlander

4-cyl, FWD, has ~230k mi on her, now --- was Zovig's for the last 10 years.

Anyway, nice little car --- like most/all Toyotas . . . = gets the job done. Does ~28MpG, too. Uses ~1qt 15W-30 Mobil 1/3k mi. (Turns out, this particular engine was originally built with a bad batch of rings )

Handles the so-called roads I commute to work on, just fine . . . which also means I can stop having to straighten/un-donk the wheels on my little BMW . . . (now with 350k mi)

Cheap, too. Only cost me $150 . . .

. . . + a brand new Crosstrek

Hey --- my Nasty Dog fits, at least!

Last edited by LongRanger; 03-20-2019 at 11:39 AM.

We Can Be Heroes