Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final details for 69S resto

Final details for 69S resto

Just completing a 2 year 69S resto. I have purchased from Canford Classics the black border
    stickers that mount on the rear engine panel. However I have read somewhere that because my car was a very early '69 production (10/68) that it might have originally had red border stickers.
    Curious to know if that is correct info or not. Have not seen any pics of original cars from '69
    with the red border stickers but a few had said they had them. Anyone know where the break might have been? Any advise greatly appreciated. Pics also much appreciated.
    Thanks

My only advice would be what difference does it make if you are using Canford's stickers . The brushed finish on their stickers is nothing like the originals anyway. I wasted my money on some sets . I

Perhaps this person can provide some reference photos...

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...hers-out-there
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I thought Canford's were considered to be the best around? If they are not - whose are?
    '70 E Coupe Pastel Blue
    '73 S Targa Gold Metallic
    Registry #2890

They are the best IMHO
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Still curious if anyone has confirmation whether the stickers for a pretty early '69 (10/68)
    would have had red border stickers or black border stickers. There has been discussion about this on previous threads. Just wandering if there are any updates or pics to go on. I am sure someone out there has an original car.

1969 911 E engine bay

Hope this helps. Attached is a photo of an original paint 1969 911E - VIN 119200949. Photos show non red boarder engine bay stickers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My 69S #23 definitely had red order stickers
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I have 507, believed to be original paint and it has black borders. There is however no sticker just to the right of the latch and shows no sign of there ever having been one there. Does this seem correct? Mike

Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    Hope this helps. Attached is a photo of an original paint 1969 911E - VIN 119200949. Photos show non red boarder engine bay stickers.
    No doubt correct but it the really early 69 cars that still had the red border stickers
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6