Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: R, RS and RSR clone cars, hot rods, R gruppe cars, or otherwise for Sale

FS: @BaT - 1971 Porsche 911E Dual-Plug 3.2 Hot Rod

Bring-a-Trailer Website Auction
    1971 Porsche 911E Dual-Plug 3.2L Hot Rod
    VIN: 9111200391
    Engine: -
    Trans: -
    Color: Dark Blue Metallic/Black
    Mileage: 84,640 (indicated)
    Auction Estimate: -
    Sold for: US$115,000 (5/18/2018)

71E 1.jpg

71E 2.jpg

71E 3.jpg

71E 4.jpg

71E 5.jpg

BaT Description:

This 1971 Porsche 911E is a non-sunroof example that was owned by one of the original R Gruppe members for 20 years until the selling dealer’s recent acquisition. Local Porsche expert Dick Elverude built the modified dual-plug 3.2-liter flat-six, which features 46mm PMO carburetors, a 964 distributor, and MSD ignition. The engine produced 298 horsepower on the dyno, and the Type 915 5-speed manual transaxle is equipped with a limited-slip differential. Additional RS-style modifications have been made to the body, suspension, braking system, and interior as detailed below. The seller has replaced the front pan and also recently performed a tune-up and fluid service. This 911E is now being offered with a dyno sheet, the original owner’s manual, spare keys, and a branded Oregon title.

The car was originally finished in a dark metallic brown, and the seller has provided one vintage photo in the extensive gallery below. A dark blue metallic repaint was completed years ago and reportedly displays several touched-up rock chips commensurate with age. The exterior features steel RS-style fender flares, aero side mirrors, a ducktail spoiler, and an RS-style front air dam. The stock driver’s mirror mounting holes have been filled but are still noticeable per the seller.

The suspension has been modified with Bilstein HD shocks, larger torsion bars, and shock tie-downs. Alloy 911S front brake calipers have also been fitted. The refinished 15×7 and 8″ Fuchs alloy wheels are equipped with Yokohama AVS tires all around.

Continuing with the RS theme, a pair of new Cobra ST bucket seats with corduroy inserts have been installed on planted sliders. RS-style door panels were also fitted along with a Momo Prototipo steering wheel and a custom parcel shelf in place of the factory rear seats.

Instrumentation was recently rebuilt by Seattle Speedometer, including new faces, bezels, and glass. The dashboard features an OEM-style radio-delete basketweave insert. The odometer currently shows 84,640 miles and is believed correct for the chassis, however actual mileage cannot be confirmed with documentation.

Local Porsche expert Dick Elverude built the dual-plug, short-stroke 3.2-liter flat-six. Components include 46mm PMO carburetors, headers, a dual-outlet exhaust, dual MSD ignition, a 964 distributor, new Elephant Racing finned cooling lines, and a front Setrab oil cooler. Power is sent to the rear wheels through a 915 transaxle that has been fitted with a short shift kit and a limited-slip differential. The seller states that a complete tune-up and fluid service was performed just prior to this auction.

A dyno sheet accompanies the sale and shows peaks of 298 horsepower and 248 lb-ft of torque. After purchasing the car, the seller replaced the front pan due to rust in the battery area. A factory jig was reportedly used to ensure proper fitment.

The factory data plate inside the front trunk is shown above. The car was reportedly stolen and recovered damage-free in the 1970s after being sold new in California. As such, it received a branded California title before moving north to Oregon, where it now holds a branded Oregon title.
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 05-18-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Added sold for price.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Racer View Post
    I agree Mark.

These cars are not early Ferrari GTO's that sell for $15M-$35M.

I think 18,470 early SWB 911 cars where made (+20 1967R cars--see above)).

The Porsche production exploded up to 50,513 cars LWB cars (+1560 RS cars).

"Excellence Magazine" which I have paid a lot of money to subscribe to for many years, still values an average LBW car ("running but needs mechanical work although not major") at $25,000. I'll take three at that price!

And they say "Good" (runs, driveable, and needs nothing) at $50,000.

Really? I'll go another one.
    Recalling the "expert opinion"in PANO (10.14) that ran up the '76-'77 (and '78-'79) Turbo prices which have "corrected".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

"Excellence Magazine" which I have paid a lot of money to subscribe to for many years, still values an average LBW car ("running but needs mechanical work although not major") at $25,000. I'll take three at that price!

And they say "Good" (runs, driveable, and needs nothing) at $50,000.

Really? I'll go another one.
    Gee Doc,

I know that Excellence Mag is a great publication but if they are stating those sorts of numbers as you mention then they need to reassess their accuracy of what the market is currently doing.

$25k for a runner that needs no MAJOR mechanicals WOW,,,

Maybe they use Beverly Hills Car Club to base their data on.

Hope all is good with you.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    Gee Doc,

I know that Excellence Mag is a great publication but if they are stating those sorts of numbers as you mention then they need to reassess their accuracy of what the market is currently doing.

$25k for a runner that needs no MAJOR mechanicals WOW...
    It's true as published by Excellence Magazine in June 2018.. I can scan it for you. No author is presented it so we have to say the Editor, Mr. Greg Hudock, approved this.

I will split the costs when Hudock delivers our "running but some minor mechanical work" early long-hood 1969-1971 cars for $25K each. We can do a lot to make it a very fast car for another $5K.

We can wish the market works like this.
    Doc
    1972 Porsche 911
    2023 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

FS: This is a R-Gruppe 1969 Porsche 911 T.

It's a former rust-fee CA car with paperwork.

It has the 2.0L engine with a 5-speed 901 transmission. Wheels rebuilt by Harvey. Lots of other modifications.

Weber carbs:

New pictures from under the car:

$75K
    Time to BUMP the Doc.
    email me thru a scan of that please Dr
    Mark

Gee Doc,

$25k for a runner that needs no MAJOR mechanicals WOW,,,

Maybe they use Beverly Hills Car Club to base their data on.
    Oh damn! Ouch...
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Time to BUMP the Doc.
    email me thru a scan of that please Dr
    Good looking for sure!
    Robert Callaway | 1970 T Coupe | 1990 C2 Coupe | PCA | Early S | R Gruppe

FS: @MünsterlandClassics - 1972 911 - RSR Tribute

Münsterland Classic Cars, Gustav-Adolf-Straße 15-17, Stadtlohn 48703 Deutschland
    1972 Porsche 911 - RSR Tribute
    VIN: -
    Engine: -
    Trans: -
    Color: White/Black
    Mileage: -
    Price: €130,000/~US$154,000

72 RSR 1.jpg

72 RSR 2.jpg

72 RSR 3.jpg

72 RSR 4.jpg

Dealer Description:

1972 with 3.0 RSR MFI Engine, Coil-over suspension, 257 DIN PS, 316 Nm, FIA cage, Front Oil cooler, Twinplug
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Quote Originally Posted by Super90 View Post
    Good looking for sure!
    Thanks Mate,
    My paperwork goes back to 1981 when Bob bought it for $3000. I have the ad for it from 1981 (it had a Sportmatic transmission).

Bob later did it's first engine rebuild for $4593 in 1982. [I'd say that an old 1969 wouldn't get that bid in 1982].

So, it stayed in southern CA until around ~2011 when it went to GA around ~2013. It was owned by a RG guy during that period. I got it in early 2017. It is fully registered in GA with a new tag sticker until May, 2019. The gaps on the body are excellent. The underside is excellent (see the pictures).

Full Disclosure:
    • 1. It's very loud with the current exhaust.
    • 2. I ride with only a seat belt. It has a nice 67R rollbar but with no other safety stuff.
    • 3. It currently has a rich tune to the Weber carbs.
    • 4. It tends to wander around a bit at 75+ Mph. I'd dial in about an a 1/8th inch of toe-in.
    Doc
    1972 Porsche 911
    2023 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350