Thread: Before you try to fit o/g Porsche 914 424 016 02 gearshift lever...

Before you try to fit o/g Porsche 914 424 016 02 gearshift lever...

... I'd suggest you inspect it thoroughly right at your parts dealer's location. This will save you some hassle.
    I bought 2 original Porsche levers in the last 7 days just to find out (after fitting them) that the lever is not properly pressed onto the hemispheric ball that goes into the cup of the bracket. After install the lever was turning round with little drag. The ball stayed where it belonged due to the slot on the right side.
    I guess it's not worth mentioning that the o/g gear knob wouldn't fit properly either.
    Not exactly what I'd expect from an o/g part for a rough 160'ish Euros...

Sent you a private message

Why has this thread been moved?
    The part is for early 911's though the part number beginning with 914 would let one assume else.Name:  shifter.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  72.6 KB

I thought the general/ technical section would be the place to post it, wouldn't it?

I stand corrected...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100