Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Got a boat? Let's see it with a name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post

Boating offers a different opportunity to throw money away when we’re not racing.
    My ex got the boat and the horses. The savings almost covered the alimony.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swcarroll View Post
    My ex got the boat and the horses. The savings almost covered the alimony.
    Since the Ivory Tower has declined my offer to be a moderator I would like to throw my hat into the ring to be in-house marriage counselor.

Here's my first gold nugget:

Don't get married if divorce is even an option. It gets very expensive to learn this after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by mvboy View Post
    Here's my girl - she's a 1956 Chris Craft 17.5 foot DeLuxe Runabout. Has the original engine and I've had her for 15 years now. I have her up on Lake Coeur d'Alene, Idaho which has a nice wooden boat presence with lot's of old boats (Chris, Century, Higgens) and new such as Stancraft. I named her Whirlaway which as some of you know (Gib) is the 1941 Triple Crown Champion. That straight 6 burbling away or up on plane is a wonderful sound. High maintenance for sure but it's a genuine love affair.
    Bob,

That’s a beautiful CC, I have always loved the lines of these Runabouts. Here is our new-to-us woody: a 1936 19’ Chris Craft Custom Runabout.

E1A21A02-6E41-4E28-96DA-60E16D00D1CD.jpg

61ACC38E-4D24-4095-92CC-153E3AF337C9.jpg

We bought her this summer and we’re putting a new 5200 bottom on her this winter in time to drop her in the water over Memorial Day to sit alongside our ski boat up at our lake home up in Northern Wisconsin. We’ve named her “Lake Girl”, and she’s all original except for the motor, which was swapped out in 1990 from the original 95hp Chrysler Ace (which seized up after 25 years in a barn) to a 148hp CC KBL with a 3 1/2” exhaust which produces that unmistakable straight 6 burble at idle and an unbelievable roar while accelerating! Thanks for sharing the pic of your beautiful boat and I can’t wait to pick her up in a few months to take her home!
    Early 911S Reg #3096
    "Chester" - 1968 911 L, Fully Restored, Numbers Matching, Tangerine Orange on the original 5 1/2 x 15 Fuchs wheels
    "The Beast" - 2010 911 4S Cab, Triple Black, 6 Speed MT, SSK, PSE with Fabspeed Sport Headers and 200-Cell Cats
    "The Truck" - 2019 Cayenne Turbo, Jet Black, Sport Chrono, PSE, Rear Axle Steering & PSCB Brakes (for haulin' stuff... fast)
    ”Blue” - 2023 911 Turbo S Cab, Gentian Blue over Deviated Black Leather with PSE & PCCB’s

Wow, so many beautiful boats on here!

My Cobalt with no name. West shore Lake Tahoe.

Scott

How'bout a little boat-trip to Avalon, Catalina

Hey Frank...Congratulations to the new Boat...If you're planning to head up to Catalina...don't leave too late in the day....we left a little too late and this is what you can expect prior to "hitting" Avalon...I'd say leave no later than 08:00Am in the morning...afternoons heading that way can be brutal...but the Buffalo-milk will taste so much better after a day on the water......../ Lars...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=IeP2x1kPK0E
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Banned
    Ha!

Done the trip both morning and afternoon; can't say I've seen seas too rough.

Glad my wife has never found that video on YouTube. That would not help my cause.

These seem like pretty stout motors.. Curious if a twin six design, twin screws is an advantage to the V -12 marine ?

Our Newly-Named Old Boat!

We finished the restoration work over the winter on our 1936 Chris Craft 19’ Runabout and dropped her on the water over Memorial Day. We named her “Lake Girl” after the nickname that I gave my wife given how much she loves spending time up at our lake home in Northern Wisconsin. Living in the northern suburbs of Chicago, our lake home is a true escape for our family of 5, and this little beauty with the rumble of her flathead 6 is an absolute hoot to drive. Here are a few pics with Lake Girl herself driving Lake Girl plus a video of a drive by with my sons

E2753DFB-F2B8-4791-85A9-E015D27031AE.jpg

F0DC9B64-F84D-489D-AA79-E2D9A74EFDAD.jpg

7570D626-4BBC-4239-85A7-70E5839B667E.jpg

Early 911S Reg #3096
    "Chester" - 1968 911 L, Fully Restored, Numbers Matching, Tangerine Orange on the original 5 1/2 x 15 Fuchs wheels
    "The Beast" - 2010 911 4S Cab, Triple Black, 6 Speed MT, SSK, PSE with Fabspeed Sport Headers and 200-Cell Cats
    "The Truck" - 2019 Cayenne Turbo, Jet Black, Sport Chrono, PSE, Rear Axle Steering & PSCB Brakes (for haulin' stuff... fast)
    ”Blue” - 2023 911 Turbo S Cab, Gentian Blue over Deviated Black Leather with PSE & PCCB’s

^^^^^ Nicely done!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Not mine no affiliation but we've probably all had dealings with suppliers and contractors etc who try to operate commercially like this

Screenshot_20190922-160051~2.jpg