Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a boat? Let's see it with a name on it.

Steven's%20Catalog%20008.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Wow. Blast from the past. Steward that boat well my friend; I think Ray DeFir only built 21 Rayson Craft boats total.

After Ray moved his shop from OR to Phoenix (1 block from our biz) I had him redo my Mandella flatbottom. He was a pioneer and one of his many accomplishments was setting a 1000 mile non stop ski record on the Columbia River that still stands I believe. 33 1/2 hours non stop!!

Sadly Ray left us in 2011.

http://obits.oregonlive.com/obituari...&pid=154272153
    Yes, Ray DeFir carried on the Rayson Craft name after Rudy Ramos passed. Please, post a picture of your Mandella. Mr. Breazeale, is that a Silhouette? Just beautiful.

Banned
    I wish.
    I'm not a photo guy. I have not one pic of that Mandella. Or the Shiada V-drive daycruiser I owned 30 years ago.

Lusting for a 40' express cruiser currently.

Anyone want to go for a ride on

Say it out loud
    Attached Images Attached Images

Johan's Post ...

"Here's mine, a Laurin cruiser"...Johan, is your "Laurinare" one of either "URD" or "SKULD" (sister boats) built by "Rosättra Varv" and moored in the Stockholm-area up to the early "eighties"?....If so, I did fabricate some misc "gadgets" during their construction...She's beautiful!.../ Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Quote Originally Posted by mvboy View Post
    Here's my girl - she's a 1956 Chris Craft 17.5 foot DeLuxe Runabout. Has the original engine and I've had her for 15 years now. I have her up on Lake Coeur d'Alene, Idaho which has a nice wooden boat presence with lot's of old boats (Chris, Century, Higgens) and new such as Stancraft. I named her Whirlaway which as some of you know (Gib) is the 1941 Triple Crown Champion. That straight 6 burbling away or up on plane is a wonderful sound. High maintenance for sure but it's a genuine love affair.
    That is very nice David. Big Bear Lake in SCal has an enormous wooden boat presence. There must be 30 or more CC there with a large Regatta yearly. I've seen a few like Kris's. I'm sure it's a lot of work keeping them (wood) up to par.

Haven't got a boat but a Friend is selling his twin V6 Boesch. Trade-ins of 993 or 964 welcome. Location Switzerland/Germany

https://www.classicdriver.com/de/yac...om/2000/452314

img_1234.jpg

img_1228.jpg

Handbuilt...time consuming project.

rustic.jpg

Here's our waterskiing & wakesurfing boat that we keep up at our lake home in Northern Wisconsin .... strictly inland lakes for us here in the Upper Midwest (and it's certainly not hand built)

Moored on our dock before our evening cocktail cruise:
    IMG_0240.jpg

And here it is on the boat hoist with its lesser sibling, "Mini Me"
    IMG_0702.jpg
    Early 911S Reg #3096
    "Chester" - 1968 911 L, Fully Restored, Numbers Matching, Tangerine Orange on the original 5 1/2 x 15 Fuchs wheels
    "The Beast" - 2010 911 4S Cab, Triple Black, 6 Speed MT, SSK, PSE with Fabspeed Sport Headers and 200-Cell Cats
    "The Truck" - 2019 Cayenne Turbo, Jet Black, Sport Chrono, PSE, Rear Axle Steering & PSCB Brakes (for haulin' stuff... fast)
    ”Blue” - 2023 911 Turbo S Cab, Gentian Blue over Deviated Black Leather with PSE & PCCB’s

Hinckley 36ft picnic
    Last edited by tcsracing1; 04-20-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com

Still working on a name