Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Silver/Red 69S Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by sehoel1 View Post
    . . . Thats why I post everything, so as to look for errors. And if a car survives the early911sregistry . . .
    This isn't the biggest site . . .

. . . and I know some of the kommentary/kommentators can be a little rough . . .

. . . but I hope that the people who visit/contribute/join here, think of The Early 911S Registry as a valuable/worthwhile resource when it comes to learning about these special cars

And thanks again, for showing/sharing

We Can Be Heroes

Darren,

So here I am telling everyone how the motometer was in the wrong location, and how I moved it, and then you go showing me this, hehehe

That looks fantastic by the way, and I love the red light.

Looking at the shape of the hole in my dash, I'm thinking it was not done at the factory. But the stories keep coming from the original owner (last one today actually) so there is no doubt the gauge is now part of the car forever.

Thanks for sharing.

LongRanger,

No fear here. The car is what it is regardless.

And yes, the early911sregistry can be tough, and may not be the biggest, but what an unbelievable wealth of info. I'm serious when I say that "if you can make it here..."

Quote Originally Posted by sehoel1 View Post
    Darren,

So here I am telling everyone how the motometer was in the wrong location, and how I moved it, and then you go showing me this, hehehe

That looks fantastic by the way, and I love the red light.

Looking at the shape of the hole in my dash, I'm thinking it was not done at the factory. But the stories keep coming from the original owner (last one today actually) so there is no doubt the gauge is now part of the car forever.

Thanks for sharing.
    ....right/wrong can be very subjective and as you say you did what you felt looked right so that's all that counts. If these were dealer fitted I'm sure they all would have differed anyway.

Funnily I also very nearly had my hole welded up as I'd never seen a LWB previously with this gauge. Like you I'm glad I kept it, nice to have something that makes these cars unique and a little different from the norm.

My hole was also a little rougher than the perfectly 'pressed' openings for the other gauges, but then factory/dealer these holes had to be cut somehow.....from my understanding the factory still used a kardex for 69 cars(?), it would be interesting to obtain one for your car and would be far more acurate than a CoA.

Cheers,

Darren,

Indeed on this being subjective. I've seen your setup in a couple of pictures, and mine in a couple of others. Both look great.

PCNA called me today to confirm that:

a) code 9308 is "external mirror right"
    b) the car came equipped with code 9320 "electric sunroof"

Looking forward to more and better paperwork coming soon. Thx to all for helping out, including pointing out what was missing or unknown on the COA.

Porsche was also able to confirm that my car was "mo betta" - option 0070 "mehr besser"

Attached Images Attached Images   

Any updates? Looking forward to the finished project pics! Would love to find a silver/red 911.

Great Thread!
    Mauricio
    Three Pedal Posse
    Member # 1935

1968 Porsche 912-6 TR Tribute
    1968 Porsche 911 L
    1973 VW Sportsbug
    1974 Porsche 911 S
    1991 Porsche 964 Carrera 2 3.8

"if you see a fork in the road, PICK IT UP!"

Time for an üpdate?

We Can Be Heroes