Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So.... Does anyone know the latest on 300005?

The following pics are of #300005 in race livery from 1965, 1966 and 1967
    Attached Images Attached Images           

This is a pic of the original race program

The following are pics at the home of the original owner and Champion rally driver of #300005. Notice he has a trophy room primarily full of hardware and news clippings won with #300005. He told me of race stories with #300005 in detail as if they occurred yesterday. A special day for me.

Then and now Wallrabenstein and Herborn

The original steering wheel, hub caps and international registration book

If anyone’s interested, I have a few photos of #300005’s very long road to Rennsport. Let me know.

Wow!! I'd say the car is in good hands now! I just did the RRV trip from Texas in my 67 S, would love to hear about your trip,,,,,and YES, I walked right by that car,,, dammit!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsottile View Post
    . . . If anyone’s interested, I have a few photos of #300005’s very long road to Rennsport . . .
    Are you kidding? Road trips are what Porsches are all about, so --- post away . . . especially any bouncy/outta focus/thru bug-splattered windshield shots

Fantastic thread, too! To not only have the car + intact --- but to still have access to its enthusiastic original owner . . . and one who kept everything, too

And thank you for keeping us up-to-date . . . + posting this kinda stuff, here

Great stuff!

This is why I joined the Registry
    Last edited by LongRanger; 10-20-2015 at 09:15 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    Thanks Jay.
    Incredible history and story.

I sure would like to hear more about its dark, confusing drug binge years.

How did this car go from Bruce to Caitlyn?

"How did this car go from Bruce to Caitlyn?" - Thats the quote of the year and I too am definitely looking forward to hearing more about it's identity crisis. More pics and stories please.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...