Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oakland Man Dies After 2 Porsches On Napa Vintage Car Rally Collide

I must express my deep sadness to Jordan Hilsenbeck's family and to this community for the loss of his life. I've probably met him somewhere in the scene, and I can only imagine the grief that his loved ones are going through now.

I have to agree with Frank that this is also a time for this community to reflect on our own behavior. It does honor to Jordan that his passing might not be in vain. Like Frank, I stopped going on group drives and rallies some years ago, when I was one car back from what could have been a fatal accident (and fortunately wasn't). The group dynamic of some of these events can get people in over their heads, and things can happen very fast when you're driving very fast.

Let's also put ourselves in the shoes of John Ravitch. He and his passenger were injured and now he is being investigated for the commission of vehicular manslaughter. My wife knows of him from her work -- he was one of the designers at CKS Partners who created Apple Computer's "look" and is currently a parter at IDEO design. John was sitting on top of the world; now he's going to have to live with the consequences of his decision-making for a very long time.

It could happen to any of us. Let's speak up and not let this kind of thing happen again.

-- David
    Last edited by Nine17; 11-17-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Very much enjoyed hanging out with Jordan. Terrible to hear the news yesterday morning. Without a doubt he will be missed.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Just makes this all that much sadder.........
    Last edited by Macroni; 11-17-2015 at 07:09 AM.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Banned
    Endearing photos. Those will be cherished for sure.

Please post more.

Godspeed to this young mans family. We have all seen these driving incidents happen during our group drives. Let's all hope that we can use our better judgement so we are not a party to these accidents. My heart also goes out the "other" Porsche involved in this incident. I'm sure his mourning is very deep .....RIP
    Last edited by curtisaa; 11-17-2015 at 01:47 PM.
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

I thought it was the same car when I saw this. A video from April, 2013
    https://youtu.be/ikf0peWlm6Q

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Endearing photos. Those will be cherished for sure.

Please post more.
    Jordan was always around...or maybe I was just always around him.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

The wind is knocked out of me.

Godspeed Jordan...
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Nine17 View Post
    I have to agree with Frank that this is also a time for this community to reflect on our own behavior. It does honor to Jordan that his passing might not be in vain. Like Frank, I stopped going on group drives and rallies some years ago, when I was one car back from what could have been a fatal accident (and fortunately wasn't). The group dynamic of some of these events can get people in over their heads, and things can happen very fast when you're driving very fast.

Threads come and go that refer to "coffee and cars" and these seem to go on in a safe manner...so examples ^ like yours are a good thing. More should be compiled and perhaps handed out well in advance to those who may not fully realize the danger.