Thread: 2016 New Years Drive - Austin, TX

mad scientist

2016 New Years Drive - Austin, TX

I am planning on leading the annual New Years Drive on Saturday, Jan 2, 2016. Put it on your calender if you think you can come out. I will post more details about the starting location sometime after Christmas.

Hope to see some new faces.

Thanks.

(Weather delay date Sunday, Jan 3, 2016)
    1971 911T SWT - Sun and Fun Machine
    1972 911T - "Minne" painted and undergoing assembly.

I'm going to try and make it this year.

member #1515
    Me too! Hope the weather is like today!
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

I want to be there. Logistics permitting.
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

mad scientist
    Greetings Group,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with friends and family.

The New Year's Drive has been moved. I have a conflict on Saturday that I can't move. So, The drive will be Sunday, Jan. 3.
    Here are the details.

When Sunday, Jan 3, 2016
    Where. Meet at the "planet Fitness" parking lot at the Y in Oak Hill. Corner of 290 and 71. Starbucks is across the street for those needy types.
    Time: 730am. Wheels down at 8am.
    The drive: Will head West and end up in Blanco for breakfast. Return route on more back roads.

For our friends in SA and West we plan to be in Blanco about 930. Please meet us there. Will be parking in Town Square. The return route is not to be missed. Several new roads. Should be a great time.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Hope to see a large percentage of you there. If your car is down come with us. There are plenty of passenger seats available. Feel free to pass this along to anyone you think would enjoy. Does not have to be Porsche related.

mad scientist
    Thanks to everyone that came out. It was a great start to 2016. Lots of new faces on the drive. Too bad you did not all stay for the second half of the route.

The Sun finally came out. Chasing shadows on empty roads. Love this time of year.

Turn around, don't drown. It's a State Moto for water crossings. This one was over the 1' mark. It was moving a bit fast to attempt the crossing. We headed the warning and went another way.

Hey, where did the road go? Yes, lots of water on the good roads. This was mostly still.

So still the whole group cruised through.

Just go for a drive!