Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 300096

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Did someone mention new complete 64 wire harness?
    https://www.kroonwireharnesses.com/porsche-901

11272/23642

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    about a year or so ago i was contacted by a person,lets call him Mr.C, from the UK who claimed to know the whereabouts of the original engine and that it will be for sale via him.
    at this time i knew about some rumours that the engine in deed is in the UK...
    after several emails there was still no price tag on the engine.
    my customer did nor really say how much he was willing to pay for and on the other side there was only ridiculous prices(thats how my custy called them) for similar objects offered on evil bay and alike.
    the hole "negotiations"(i rather would call it Limbo) went really slow...sometimes it took weeks from one mail to the other...
    i got a bit frustrated that my customer seemed to not fully understand that this is possibly a once in a lifetime chance to reunite body and engine.
    one has to know that my customer is a true collector and not a wildchatter or bargain hunter.
    i did not really get it why he was not pushing hard to strike a deal...
    anyway
    a few weeks back both parties agreed on a price...but again it took some time for the funds beeing transfered(custy went for vacation)...
    meanwhile i organized transport and Mr.C prepared the engine for transport.
    this morning at 9.11AM the engine touched down on austrian soil.
    this was the nice part.

Back in spring 2017 Stephen Troman the owner of the engine and a porsche enthusiast passed away.

suffering with poor mental health for some time he took his life leaving his loved ones behind.

i did not know him but when i learned about this it made me feel so sad.nothing can bring him back but there`s a tiny bit i can do and thats why i`m posting this link here
    if it gets a bit of awareness and raises money for a good cause it's a good thing

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...wheeler-troman

thanks
    Oh how incredibly sad when a wife loses her husband and young children lose their father. Especially to a situation like this.

Sounds like the engine purchasing funds went to a good cause. Hopefully Mr. C was charitable and a good friend toward the widow.

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    Henk
    issue solved.
    after decades of separation original engine (900210) back home ...arrived today at 9.11AM(no kidding) .

11235/22913
    WOW! That is awesome!
    It still happens, pretty cool. Same as I found this summer the missing engine (case) for car 171 which is in Mark Wegh’s collection, he was very happy to buy it and have his car matching now as well!

While on this subject: I have a complete 64 engine sitting for a long time which I decide to sell, number 900348 so if anyone is interested..

Henk.
    Henk Baars owner of CarparcUSA LLC
    www.CarparcUSA.com
    www.911WoodDashRegistry.org

S Registry #1490
    '68 911L Targa Sea Green
    '66 Volvo 123GT
    '62 Volvo P1800

random pics

11694/24589
    Attached Images Attached Images           

more pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Wow looks really great
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

1978 911SC Targa fun in the sun

nailing it!!! keep up the great work franz...

Deeply impressive work! Thanks for sharing the pictures...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

that's hardcore, stay thirsty my friend...
    MBR #2637
    AKA boschdog
    1968 911 Normal Coupe
    Houston, Texas

what is the product you are using to get this perfect looking texture?