Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 300096

i wonder if anyone out there has seen this clambs on a `64
    pics are 300113 built the same day as 96...and 96 does not have the metal strips usually used to hold the gas filler bucket drain tube.

i found holes at the same position as pictured here on 96 and on the topmost hole there was even a sheet-metal screw with ground off head left inside the hole.

3995/6289
    Attached Images Attached Images   

On my 65, 911 #717 the indents on the door sill area of the outer rocker, which is under the rubber threshold piece were filled up with a substance, not bondo but I would call it almost a plaster or cement like substance. Definitely not lead, my guess is it is an early 1st generation type bondo but it is hard like concrete, it was white and had a shiny grainy appearance like it was made of white sand as a main ingredient.

Restoration design makes the early outer rocker with indents as of a year ago the placement and depth of the rectangular indented areas are too deep and in the wrong places. I talked to someone from their company about this at Rennsport in Monterey in 2015 and they acted interested but I don't know if they have changed that piece since then.
    1975 911S targa , 1989 944 turbo S original paint survivor, 1978 924 track car, 1980 924 m471 sport options

Quote Originally Posted by earlyaircooled View Post
    On my 65, 911 #717 the indents on the door sill area of the outer rocker, which is under the rubber threshold piece were filled up with a substance, not bondo but I would call it almost a plaster or cement like substance. Definitely not lead, my guess is it is an early 1st generation type bondo but it is hard like concrete, it was white and had a shiny grainy appearance like it was made of white sand as a main ingredient.

Restoration design makes the early outer rocker with indents as of a year ago the placement and depth of the rectangular indented areas are too deep and in the wrong places. I talked to someone from their company about this at Rennsport in Monterey in 2015 and they acted interested but I don't know if they have changed that piece since then.
    thanks a lot for this info about the bondo stuff+RD rocker

anyone a pic of those indents without the filling+measurements?

and a bump for the question above

4134/6717

I took some pictures and measurements on the unrestored outer rocker that I removed from my car. There are 7 indents, they are 100mm apart from center to center. They are 2mm deep in the middle. The front one is 100mm from the middle of the front of the angled front end of the threshold plate. The indents are square I think 40mm in width. My guess is that Porsche engineers thought this would strenghten the area, later they abandoned the practice of indenting the threshold plate, obviously it required more work since the whole area had to be filled in with that plaster stuff to get the rubber threshold protector to lay flat.
    Name:  WP_20161022_005.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  102.1 KB
    Name:  WP_20161022_004.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  100.3 KB
    Name:  WP_20161022_009.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  89.8 KB
    Name:  WP_20161022_008.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  102.6 KB
    Name:  WP_20161022_011.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  34.4 KB
    Name:  WP_20161022_002.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  123.0 KB
    1975 911S targa , 1989 944 turbo S original paint survivor, 1978 924 track car, 1980 924 m471 sport options

one more picture Name:  WP_20161022_011.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  34.4 KB

excellent excellent,,,thanks much Sir--just in time--

attached a few pics of the italian job vs the austrian job

those with eagle eyes can see that the center panel in the rocker is the correct SWB part...
    LWB is stamped differently due to the bigger silencer tube

4150/6933

a big THANK YOU!!! to Dave who is going to send me his early rocker piece so that i can make my tool perfectly.

and again some measurements needed....
    i need to source or fabricate the front fender alignment pins. if someone could give me the dimensiond of it that would be great..

thanks in advance
    franz

4175/7105

"the only hard to find parts are the grey vac formed drip pan...the one i sold just a few days before i got this project.."

Franz, did you find a grey vac formed drip pan yet? If not I have one.
    Email me.
    Henk.
    Henk Baars owner of CarparcUSA LLC
    www.CarparcUSA.com
    www.911WoodDashRegistry.org

S Registry #1490
    '68 911L Targa Sea Green
    '66 Volvo 123GT
    '62 Volvo P1800

Franz,

I shipped the rocker today with Priority Mail. Believe it or not the fender pins on my car are actually the little pins that hold the hood shocks in place, mine even have the small hole in the end where the keeper clips would go, I found this out once I got all of the rust and undercoating off of the ends. I think they drilled holes once the fenders were in place and put two hood shock pins in each fender, in fact on my car it is obviously what they did. My car is #717. I'm guessing even on that pin shown in the pictures if all the rust was removed you'd see a small hole drilled crosswise in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by earlyaircooled View Post
    Franz,

I shipped the rocker today with Priority Mail. Believe it or not the fender pins on my car are actually the little pins that hold the hood shocks in place, mine even have the small hole in the end where the keeper clips would go, I found this out once I got all of the rust and undercoating off of the ends. I think they drilled holes once the fenders were in place and put two hood shock pins in each fender, in fact on my car it is obviously what they did. My car is #717. I'm guessing even on that pin shown in the pictures if all the rust was removed you'd see a small hole drilled crosswise in the end.
    Dave

thanks for your input.
    on 286 it looks like this(steel rivet-pin), but now as you mention it i think i also have seen pins with a head similar to the shock pin..did not look for the hole tough.

Henk...email sent.