December 1964 build.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Quote Originally Posted by Bobs 67S View Post
    Referencing back to post 41.

This was car 300 149,
    December 1964 build.

Bob,thank you very much for posting this pics and your earlier input about the seats.
    DANKE
    franz

am i seeing a spring-ring here?similar to the one pictured...
    or is the tube just disconnected

4293/8440

Drain tray under Cowl

The original drain tray was a vacuum formed black plastic piece , about the thickness of the under piece of the interior door handle.

With the center metal holding bracket pressing up and a high heat gain area the black plastic piece split (front to back of the car) right at the edge of the holding bracket.
    Water damage to the trunk interior resulted in some wet carpet and rust along the gas heater door and forward.
    (Almost centered in the driveway parts photo.)

This replacement drain tray was 901 571 231 23, in place by car 950, and more than likely, much earlier.

Does anyone know when this was replaced with the fiberglass tray? (last two digits changed to 24 )
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

The original drain tray was a vacuum formed black plastic piece , about the thickness of the under piece of the interior door handle.

With the center metal holding bracket pressing up and a high heat gain area the black plastic piece split (front to back of the car) right at the edge of the holding bracket.
    Water damage to the trunk interior resulted in some wet carpet and rust along the gas heater door and forward.
    (Almost centered in the driveway parts photo.)

This replacement drain tray was 901 571 231 23, in place by car 950, and more than likely, much earlier.

Does anyone know when this was replaced with the fiberglass tray? (last two digits changed to 24 )
    1085 still had the grey tray...i was always wondering why they changed to the for sure much more expensive fiber glass type..now i know

Reply to post #63 Gas Drain hose attachment

Yup. That is a ring.

It was still attached. (One of the few items that I never had to take apart...)

Boy you have a good eye.. the more we look - the more we see...
    Last edited by Bobs 67S; 11-15-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Yup.

yup it`s a ring ?
    or
    yup it`s disconnected?

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    1085 still had the grey tray...i was always wondering why they changed to the for sure much more expensive fiber glass type..now i know
    I have record of 1115 still having the grey tray, a car once sold by BHCC. John's 1111 also has it. Thereafter only fiberglass in my records. Assume changed early May
    member 2971 Jacques
    911 March 1965
    912 April 1965
    911 May 1965
    964 RS clone (one of many)
    964 Targa original Dutch police car (one of 45)
    964 Turbo 3.6 (one of 1450)
    993 S Vesuvio (one of 250)

By the way, where to get the rubber seal on the edge of the tray? the soft rubber always needs replacement. Who supplies this?
    member 2971 Jacques
    911 March 1965
    912 April 1965
    911 May 1965
    964 RS clone (one of many)
    964 Targa original Dutch police car (one of 45)
    964 Turbo 3.6 (one of 1450)
    993 S Vesuvio (one of 250)

Quote Originally Posted by pss View Post
    By the way, where to get the rubber seal on the edge of the tray? the soft rubber always needs replacement. Who supplies this?
    have a local rubber wholesale here in SBG that suplies me with this... not 100% correct though.