Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Luftgekühlt L.A. gathering, date set April 10, 2016

Luftgekühlt L.A. gathering, date set April 10, 2016

According to various media out there, Patrick Long will be hosting an April 10, 2016 gathering of Luftgekühlt Porsche cars, culture, fans and food in L. A.
    The location is TBA...stay tuned.
    The previous gatherings were like a Porsche candy store !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'll be there.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

3rd Annual Luftgekühlt

Looks like an interesting event that is growing.

http://flatsixes.com/porsche-culture...ftgekuhlt-iii/
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

They better have a large space...

Also, that weekend conflicts with the Festival of Speed at Autoclub speedway which runs the 8-10th of April.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Thanks to whoever moved my post.

You guys in CA have all the luck....

Here:

"Awwww, shucks, Clem. We "caint" go to the dang John Deere show on account the dad-gum tractor pull is the same weekend."
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Hello!

Thanks for the support and posts. I will do my best to answer some questions and keep you guys informed over the next few months as we get closer to Sunday morning, the 10th of April. We have had so much interactivity and some outstanding cars that have come from this board, the least I can do is my best to interact here and use you guys as some of my eyes and ears.

Yes, the venue is in downtown LA. Yes, its a (very) large space. Larger than last year's and in some ways a bit more convenient. (Thanks for your concern Marco. )

We are now aware that our date is the same weekend as the PCA Festival of Speed. By no means was this a plan. Our hope is that some of our supporters confirmed to be traveling from Australia, Europe and Asia will make a weekend out of it and visit Fontana to see some great racing and partake in the Saturday car show and swap meet. I have raced myself in the event and was there last year to catch up with some pals. Great fun...
    The date came down to a combination of weather consideration, permits, the venue's busy schedule and (selfishly) my own 22 weekend race calendar. As it's an early morning event and the driving distance is less than one hour between the two spots, we hope you'll consider doing both.

In closing, I have said this many times on record: Our goal with Luftgekühlt (don't worry I am still working on how to pronounce it) is to have fun and open the doors to new people in hope to immerse them into the awesome world of Porsche air-cooled cars. While we realize not everyone is a fan of what we do or how we do it, it's been so rewarding to receive feedback and see so many families come out for a morning of education and good times. If you haven't been, I hope to see you out at one of our future shin-digs. We are just getting started.

http://petrolicious.com/only-the-air-cooled-need-apply

Cheers,

Patrick Long #31 PWC
    Last edited by Patrick Long; 03-14-2016 at 05:44 AM. Reason: OCD

Thanks for the update Patrick, I'm thinking of coming from Australia again, I had a great day/week in LA last year..
    Matt Hart
    matthartcreative@instagram
    RHD 914
    1980 911SC (sold)
    69' T (sold)
    Early 911s reg # 994

Hoping I'm lucky enough to be in LA to catch it again. Great gathering.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Long View Post
    Hello!

Thanks for the support and posts. I will do my best to answer some questions and keep you guys informed over the next few months as we get closer to Sunday morning, the 10th of April. We have had so much interactivity and some outstanding cars that have come from this board, the least I can do is my best to interact here and use you guys as some of my eyes and ears.

Yes, the venue is in downtown LA. Yes, its a (very) large space. Larger than last year's and in some ways a bit more convenient. (Thanks for your concern Marco. )

We are now aware that our date is the same weekend as the PCA Festival of Speed. By no means was this a plan, thanks for making us aware. Our hope is that some of our supporters confirmed to be traveling from Australia, Europe and Asia will make a weekend out of it and visit Fontana to see some great racing and partake in the Saturday car show and swap meet. I have raced myself in the event and was there last year to catch up with some pals. Great fun...
    The date came down to a combination of weather consideration, permits, the venue's busy schedule and (selfishly) my own 22 weekend race calendar. As it's an early morning event and the driving distance is less than one hour between the two spots, we hope you'll consider doing both.

In closing, I have said this many times on record: Our goal with Luftgekühlt (don't worry I am still working on how to pronounce it) is to have fun and open the doors to new people in hope to immerse them into the awesome world of Porsche air-cooled cars. While we realize not everyone is a fan of what we do or how we do it, it's been so rewarding to receive feedback and see so many families come out for a morning of education and good times. If you haven't been, I hope to see you out at one of our future shin-digs. We are just getting started.

http://petrolicious.com/only-the-air-cooled-need-apply

Cheers,

Patrick Long #31 PWC
    Nice first post, Pat, and welcome aboard the S Registry.

Glad to hear you've got a larger space secured for this year's Luftgevent. The turnout at Numero Dos was so good that you kind of had to expand. Goon on ya for producing a great event.

Kick ass in Daytona...I can't be there this year but I'll be watching.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Cheers Pat... Welcome to the board

cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild