Thread: 904 LSD Interest/Price Check

904 LSD Interest/Price Check

Apologies if this is in the wrong spot - please move otherwise.

I've got an original rare 904 ZF LSD that went in my 901 box, I don't know what percentage the ramps are set to. I won't use it and am interested to know if it's a) desirable, and b) what price range? This is the LSD that has the "male" splines protruding and takes "female" flanges. I have a pair of CV flanges to match, not the Nadellas. I do not think the flanges are original, but bolt up nicely to early drive shafts. My car is being built for track work and I'd prefer to use one of Matt's GT jobbies...

It's such a rare/unusual item that I can't find much to do with their sale and need some help pricing. Any advice appreciated

Photos of what I'm talking about...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    That looks like an original drive flange. Is it repaired on the CV side? Pix of other side please. How tight is the S1(ring side) tapered roller bearing, they start getting real loose and spin on the diff.

I bought mine a few years ago with Nadella flanges for $2500
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

That drive flange is for post-68 CV joints, having two pins and four bolts.
    From the photo, it looks like something might be welded to the CV joint side?

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Gordon, bearing seems to be on very tight. The car was laid up and had no use in 25 years before I bought it in 2013 and began the resto process.

Thanks for the price point Marco. I had Nadella flanges but swapped them for the CV units (perhaps naively) as the gent chasing them seemed to have a greater need I also sold the thick racing Nadella shafts to a gent doing a 906 resto. The car is a US delivered L, but doesn't appear to have had a racing or particularly significant history so I was fine to sell these items to defray the costs of setting the car up for historic racing over here in Australia.

Jon, the flanges/box are stored at the moment whilst we move house, but I think you're right, there was some welding and machine finishing on the face.
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

Restoration newbie.
    I paid $1200 for a rebuilt 904 ZF LSD w/Nadella flanges which had been reworked to mate with CV joints a little over 2 years ago.

andy
    67S in pieces
    EarlyS: 1358
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi,
    looking for one