Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CoA Questions

CoA Questions

Hi All,

I just received my CoA for my 1970 Targa 911T roller project. The CoA confirmed the color was Bahai Red, which I love! I do have few questions about the CoA that I'm hoping for some help:

The CoA lists the Production Completion Date at 12/69. Does this mean the VIN sticker in the door would also have 12/69?

The CoA lists Comfort Equipment under optional equipment. Is this the correct list for a 1970 911? Is there a document that better explains each of these options?
    M 470 : Comfort group for T-model:
    Velouren carpeting
    Gold ”Porsche” nameplate and model number
    Aluminium door sills
    911S rubber mouldings on bumpers and below doors
    Chrome rocker panels
    911S instruments
    Rubber bumperettes
    Leather covered steering wheel

Is there a document which describes standard equipment for 1970 911T Targa?

I'm on the hunt for engine case s/n 6105957 and transmission case s/n 7102511. I searched this website and found that member EARLY911ZOO was selling this exact transmission back in 2007. I sent him an email to see if he knows the current owner, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Name:  IMG_4696.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  45.2 KB

Any help from the experts regarding my questions?

This thread appears to be helpful...

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...highlight=M470
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response. I searched the archives and found that old thread before I posted the new one. I was not sure if the information in that old thread was related to a T model, so I posed the questions.

Thanks,
    Dennis

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denniso View Post
    Hi All,

I just received my CoA for my 1970 Targa 911T roller project. The CoA confirmed the color was Bahai Red, which I love! I do have few questions about the CoA that I'm hoping for some help:

The CoA lists the Production Completion Date at 12/69. Does this mean the VIN sticker in the door would also have 12/69?

The CoA lists Comfort Equipment under optional equipment. Is this the correct list for a 1970 911? Is there a document that better explains each of these options?
    M 470 : Comfort group for T-model:
    Velouren carpeting
    Gold ”Porsche” nameplate and model number
    Aluminium door sills
    911S rubber mouldings on bumpers and below doors
    Chrome rocker panels
    911S instruments
    Rubber bumperettes
    Leather covered steering wheel

Is there a document which describes standard equipment for 1970 911T Targa?

I'm on the hunt for engine case s/n 6105957 and transmission case s/n 7102511. I searched this website and found that member EARLY911ZOO was selling this exact transmission back in 2007. I sent him an email to see if he knows the current owner, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I doubt that you'll ever find absolute proof that absolutely every day of 1970 production standard equipment for a 911T Targa was X, Y, and Z.

My favorite sources are original, contemporary Porsche literature. You probably want to find something like an original "prestige" 1970 Porsche brochure and an Accessories brochure (stuff that was optional on a 911T wasn't standard on a 911T). Even then, there seem to be exceptions: I have a 1965 brochure which seems to be intended for the US market that says 1965 Left-Hand-Drive 911s had steering column locks but there are folks with US-specification 1965 911s without steering column locks.

The best source would probably be a complete set of factory bulletins. There are people on this forum who seem to have such things.

The Lit Meet's this Saturday--if you're going to find something, that's where you'l find it.

Peter Morgan's Original Porsche 911 has some of the information you're looking for but it isn't broken out specifically for a 1970 911T.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by NeunElf View Post

Peter Morgan's Original Porsche 911 has some of the information you're looking for but it isn't broken out specifically for a 1970 911T.
    +1
    That book gives very good infos and I cant recall finding a printing error in it.

In general, early 911 differed for each market, ie an US 911T came different in standard than a Row (Rest of World) 911T. Then, a car for the french market was different than for the Italian market (for example Headlights, Hazard lights, security belts etc) and a car for Germany again different. Car aimed for Switzerland had a higher standard equipment than german cars, du to different client structure. In other markets including the US, often legal DOT rules (emmission, safety etc) stipulated what a car had as standard equipment. On top, all this changed each year (for example...one of the few details to define a 1970 version vs a 1971 model is the location of the glovebox lock. 70 are left, 71 are centered), sometimes even mid-year into the model line..

While brochure as promotional literature often was just promotional (using even outdated pics or generic descriptions), some accessories brochure were more precise. Best are pricelists and pricelists for accessories. Today most are hard to get and some almost impossible to find.

My advice is to buy the Morgan Book and reading it precisely. Most answers are solved. To know what was standard you need to know what was optional for 911T'. And to know what was optional (and usually standard on a S), you need to study the general technicial model description of the cars built for 1970 Modelyear. Since it was the first year of the 2.2l, infos are easy to get in books. Everything else is listed on this board.
    Registry member No.773

You could check Porsche's Historical Documents downloads http://www.porsche.com/international...icaldocuments/. Right now it might just tell you that a 1970 911T would have had perlon carpet while 911Es and 911Ss would have had velour but Porsche may add to the collection.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA

1965 Porsche 911 coupe

Guys,

Thanks for all the help. I'll definitely get Peter Morgan's book.

In regards to my other question, does the CoA Production Completion Date match the VIN sticker date? In my case, the Production date is 12/69, so I assume the VIN sticker would also have 12/69?

Thanks,
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by denniso View Post
    Guys,

Thanks for all the help. I'll definitely get Peter Morgan's book.

In regards to my other question, does the CoA Production Completion Date match the VIN sticker date? In my case, the Production date is 12/69, so I assume the VIN sticker would also have 12/69?

Thanks,
    Dennis
    I personally don't know--I don't have a car with one of those stickers. But, are you planning to buy a replacement for a missing sticker or do you have one in your car with a different date?

Paweł Kalinowski from Car Bone Liveries is supposed to be at the Lit Meet tomorrow. I wanted to ask him about something else; I can ask this too. Of course, if you'll be at the Lit Meet you can ask him yourself.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA

1965 Porsche 911 coupe

Thanks Jim.

The VIN sticker on my car is missing. It does have the A-pillar VIN plate and the alum VIN plate on on the front closing panel.. After the car is repainted I wanted to add the vin sticker, but only wanted to do so if I could determine the correct date.

Dennis