Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Deals on Wheels . . .

That doppelschiebedach totaly kills the car for me. The bodyshell doesn't age well with the B- and C-Pilars interrupted, and the lack of headroom is no help. Of the 891 very few have a real (closed/continuous/silent) roof, and those are the cars to have. So let the speculators have the "loaded" bendy-busses with "all options". Oh and those big 4-pot Ate's are cast iron, and weigh about double of the normal calipers on a 5-speed. You do the maths...

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    Of the 891 very few have a real (closed/continuous/silent) roof, and those are the cars to have.
    Tried that for 3 years -
    must: non daytona violet, non avusblau
    must: leather
    must: decent color
    must: 5 speed
    must: fit Budget
    must: decent condition
    Wanted a non sunroof but then settled for one with sunroof as the chances of finding one that ticks all boxes was too much of a gamble with the prices rising and leaving less than ca. 50-100 built in that spec
    Last edited by uai; 08-06-2017 at 12:34 AM.

Sounds familiar. I spent years looking for an E34 540i touring 6-spd with a real roof. Found it, traded for it, but had to let it go after a year or two. With production about half of M5T, I don't think I'll find another.

Un Bendy-bus . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    . . . That doppelschiebedach totaly kills the car for me. The bodyshell doesn't age well with the B- and C-Pilars interrupted, and the lack of headroom is no help. Of the 891 very few have a real (closed/continuous/silent) roof, and those are the cars to have . . .
    Didn't know that --- about the 'roof . . . but it makes sense. (I am SO NOT a Sunroof Guy, in general, so . . .)

Anyway --- here's one . . . ohne 'dach . . .

'. . . This 1992 BMW M5 Touring is one of just 891 produced worldwide and is a model that was never offered in the United States. The seller purchased the car from a dealer in Munich last year and imported it to the US in 2017. The car was built in early 1992 and is powered by a 3.8L S38B38 inline-six mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. It is finished in Diamond Black Metallic over M-Tech cloth interior and is a sunroof-delete example that was optioned with the Nurburgring package from the factory. A German Fahrzeugbrief and original BMW order sheet are included, and the odometer now shows 105k kilometers (~65k miles). This E34 M5 is offered for sale with a clean Pennsylvania title in the seller’s name.

The Diamond Black Metallic paint is believed to be largely original, although the owner suspects that the hood and bumpers were painted by the dealership prior to his purchase. They reportedly show less wear than expected for a 25 year old car. No accidents are known, and just three previous owners are shown on the Fahrzeugbrief.

The Nurburgring package included ZF Servotronic vehicle-speed sensitive power steering, a 20mm rear anti-roll bar, and a control switch for the adaptive suspension. 17×9″ wheels were a part of the optional Nurburgring package and standard on Touring models. They are mounted with BFGoodrigh G-Force Sport AS2 tires sized 235/45 up front and 255/40 in the rear.

The interior features grey M-Tech cloth seats along with an /M shift knob and tri-spoke steering wheel. The interior fabric shows no signs of discoloration or tears, and the car is equipped with the rare sunroof delete option.

An aftermarket Clarion radio has been fitted in place of the factory unit, though the original radio is included in the sale. All gauges are reported to be functional, with the odometer showing roughly 105k kilometers (~65k miles).

All E34 Touring models were fitted with the 3.8L S38B38 inline-six that produced 340 hp when new. The engine is mated to a Getrag 5-speed manual gearbox, and the car is said to be a strong driver with no major mechanical issues noted by the seller. Minimal service records are present, and the last service was performed by the previous dealer in Munich.

The original purchase order is included in the sale along with a German Fahrzeugbrief. The car was imported to the US in May of 2017 through the 25 year import regulation, and it is sold with a clean Pennsylvania title . . .
    '

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-bmw-m5-5/

(Not mine . . . but it should be!)

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . here's one . . . ohne 'dach' . . .'

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-bmw-m5-5/

(Not mine . . . but it should be!)

We Can Be Heroes

996 GT3 Coupe . . .

. . .
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Porsche...vip=true&rt=nc

Ow-wow-wooow-wooooooooooow . . .

We Can Be Heroes

E30 m3 . . .

. . . Cabrio

!

' . . . real and legitimate, numbers matching Factory E30 M3 Cabriolet with Power Top!@@!

This two-owner beauty was first purchased new in Switzerland and in 2009, it was imported to US by the current owner. Current Oregon Title and valid registration. Less than 88,000 pampered miles on this cabriolet, (143000 Kilometers)

All services performed by authorized BMW Dealer or Qualified Service Centers as well as recorded on the scheduled maintenance booklet. The S-14 motor runs real strong and the 5-SPEED manual transmission shifts smooth! There is NO sound system of any kind, however, the Antenna cable and speaker pre-routing are all in place.

This is an absolute show room condition beauty with less than 5 units in the US Continent!
    . . .'

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...3/2195817.html

Ask = $89k

Dash + interior cloth material are unique --- = good luck having to repair/replace. Un-damaged fuse-bx cover --- w/locating tabs still attached. OG Uniroyal spare

Maybe not exactly the auto-crossers' choice, buuuuuuuuuut . . .

(Not mine)

We Can Be Heroes

Virgin Camaro . . .

. . . this one kept me awake most of last night . . .

https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/D...evrolet-Camaro

. . . total cherry. Check out the trunk! --- haven't seen anything like that since I bought my Mom one --- a '69 RS in Marina Blue, was it? . . .

. . . 40 years, ago

So what if it's an automatic? Thing has air! --- genuine GM-Delco-freeze-my-nuggets-off AC . . . and it's just a set o' headers away from 300 hp. Even has its OG headliner! Now, just ditch all that nasty Edlebrock nonsense, add electronic ignition --- maybe re-duct tape the drivers's saddle? . . . + fire-up the 8-track (a little Foghat, maybe? --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg7b_Knpe4U) . . .

. . . and cruise

Bumpa-duh-bumpa-duh-bumpa-duh-bumpa-duh

Think my dog can fit in back? Kinda?

Bring cash --- or a Black Card. $32k ask, $25k takes?

Call it a COVID-19 discount

Last edited by LongRanger; 05-22-2020 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . this one kept me awake most of last night . . .

https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/D...evrolet-Camaro

So what if it's an automatic? Thing has air! --- genuine GM-Delco-freeze-my-nuggets-off AC . . .
    GM cars had great AC. I had a Corvette from the early 80's. Regular and MAX settings on AC (which was I believe the original recirculation mode). On Max, it was nearly a "meat locker" as it got so cold. That was the best feature the car had because while it handled "ok", it wasn't fast and rattled like a spray paint can.

Thanks for the memory.

'69 Z-28 is a bucket list car. Chambered exhaust, JL8 brakes and throw in a cross-ram setup for eye candy.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111