Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Special Sport 73S

Special Sport 73S

Does anyone remember the special factory sport version of the 73S. It was posted with photos? Red I think. Not an RS. Any clues which thread or where to get more info.?
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

1972 911S w/M471 . . .

. . . you mean this one? --- see posts #44 + 49 . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...highlight=m491

. . . monaco1's mind-blowing 2.4l 'S' w/ Faktory 'leicht-bau' M471?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by LongRanger; 03-27-2016 at 04:22 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Rick, I knew you would come through. Thanks

Does anyone have photos or more information about the 2.4 Grundmodell?
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

Steve
    That one is a 72 ltwt that Edmond-Harris Racing Porsche had a while back. Did the ltwt S option exist in 1973 MY?

The 72 S ltwt is essentially an S without all the fancy E trim. Engine, gearbox, suspension and brakes are standard S unless you paid extra for special gears or a slip unit. Very neat car that one. Think of it as the 72 version of the domestic ltwt S sold in 70 and 71. I believe these ltwt S cars provided the basis for FIA minimum weight for Gr3 and Spl GT Gr4.
    Last edited by Flunder; 03-27-2016 at 06:04 PM.
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

I guess so. According to Monaco1 it existed as an option to the 2.7RS which would make 73s a possibility. I had not seen this thread in a while. I should have said Sport 2.4S. Anyway thanks for the reply. I wonder if there are any more of these around.
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

Why would you order that when RS Light Weight was available? Was there any racing class up to 2.5L?
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

money, more money
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

Researching details about the Toad Hall '72 ST, I communicated with Michael Keyser and he confirmed that in April 72 he picked up a 471 Light Weight '72 2.4S (Light Yelow) through Max Moritz. The MM dealership installed ST flares, but didn't change the engine or other features. According to MK, it had light weight seats, door panels, and carpet. Keyser used the car to drive around Europe while working on Speed Merchants and as a training/camera car for filming at the 72 Targa Florio as #23T. #23 is the factory built ST that was completed in Jan. 72, and shipped to the US for Sebring (#16) event in March.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

anybody know the wt. savings?

that pic of the other thread with the GTV & 911S Grundmodell side by side is outstanding!

Researching details about the Toad Hall '72 ST, I communicated with Michael Keyser and he confirmed that in April 72 he picked up a 471 Light Weight '72 2.4S (Light Yelow) through Max Moritz. The MM dealership installed ST flares, but didn't change the engine or other features.

Gib;
    Maybe this one:
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165