Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously?

What's My Klein 21 Worth? . . .

. . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...08846-Holy-Cow!!

Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

Possibly a new high water mark for this thread.

Early 80s 911 drivers seat black og Price: 37500

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifi...php?id=1876213

Banned
    The saying "There's an ass for every seat" couldn't be more true in this case.

I'm pretty sure it's a typo.

Supposed to be $375,000.

Early SWB Tool Kit . . .

'. . . I acquired this beautiful toolkit from the original owner of a low 3-digit VIN 1965 911 with which this toolkit was originally delivered. Although most of the tools in this kit are appropriate for any SWB Porsche 911, the rare tabbed-clasp tool bag and 12mm spark plug and Allen wrenches identify this kit as specifically correct for 1964 and early 1965 cars.

When it came to me, it was complete and in remarkable, original condition having been stored away for more than 40 years. The only issues were the set of Klein screwdrivers which showed more wear the the rest of the tools, and the 19/22 box wrench which had gone missing over the years. I replaced both with excellent examples I was able to acquire at the L.A. Lit Show last year. The condition of the kit throughout is outstanding. Of particular note is the original and impossible to find earliest version of the 911 toolbag which is still soft and supple with very nice stitching and only minor patina.

As for the price, no, it's not for the faint of heart. Then again, I can almost guarantee you that you'll never see another of these earliest toolkits. In my years of collecting, I've seen exactly ONE of these kits sold independent of the car it came with. That kit I'm told sold for $10,000 and did not include the rare tabbed-clasp bag.

I've included multiple high-resolution photos showing the exact condition. It's every bit as nice as the photos show.

Due the extreme value of this item, fully insured shipping to U.S. customers will be $200.00 . . .
    '

= $12k

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-65-Pors...3D172776225171

(Not mine)

Toolishness?

We Can Be Heroes

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    these look just like the ones on my corduroy recaros...
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

Somone must've really wanted this old sticker 1,556 EUR =1,814.74USD ...this is before commission and vat and actually sold.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  42.4 KB
    Last edited by 911MRP; 07-23-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Yikes! . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Somone must've really wanted this old sticker 1,556 EUR =1,814.74USD ...this is before commission and vat and actually sold.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  42.4 KB

Perhaps buyer will post in "Stupid things we've done" thread?

100k Km Badge . . .

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . w/ 'gold'

. . . documented, too, seems

!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-100-...3D351770540882

(Not mine) . . .

We Can Be Heroes

'51 1500 Coupe . . .

. . . roller-bearing, as I recall?

VIN = 11111
    Eng# = 30069
    Trans# = ?

'. . . This handsome little coupe, chassis number 11111, was completed 20 December 1951, finished in black and with engine number 30069, which it still retains. Delivered by Raffay in Hamburg, it was regularly serviced by the dealership through 1952. The following year, the car found itself in San Francisco, registered to the late Millard Smith. It is believed that he sold the car circa 1958. Little is known until the mid-1970s, when the Porsche was discovered in an asparagus field. Offered for sale in Porsche Panorama, the car was described as being mostly complete at the time. After several intervening owners, it was sent to Karosserie Ltd. in Virginia in 2006 to begin what would become a comprehensive four-year, documented concours restoration.

After bodywork was completed, the 11111 was repainted its original Black. Autobahn Interiors created elegant new seat covers and trim in Gray-green leather (true to the original color), along with complimentary square-weave German carpeting. The original Ivory plastic steering wheel, instruments, and other controls were properly restored and a new headliner was made. A period-correct Telefunken radio was installed. The original engine, only the ninth 1500 Type 527 production engine made by Porsche, was completely overhauled and a new camshaft and twin-pipe exhaust system sourced. A series-correct transmission was sourced and rebuilt. The steering and brakes were refurbished and a new wiring harness installed.

Today, this wonderful little 356 coupe, which is believed to have just over 50,000 original miles, is offered in stunning condition. In recent years, it has been judged Best in Class and received a Zuffenhausen Award at the 2015 Porsche Parade, and scored class wins at Hilton Head and Winterpark in 2015, and Amelia Island in 2016. It is supplied with a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, along with a copy of the factory Kardex, correct spare, and tools . . .
    '

http://www.rmsothebys.com/mo17/monte...eutter/1703948

Sold for $1,017,500

These body-bumper + splitty Coupes are just about my all-time favorite Porsche. If I had to do My Porsche Thing all over again --- these are the cars that I would've started-out with. Always thought that I might find one somewhere/some day . . . and spend my Golden Years tinkering with one

There goes that fantasy

Last edited by LongRanger; 09-04-2017 at 05:39 AM.

We Can Be Heroes