Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: early interior experts, show all you got

Quote Originally Posted by pss View Post
    Wow 356rider this is really great info. If you have no pepita, could you post pics from the seats as well, especially a close up of the pleats?
    Close up of pleats. I'll have the car down off the storage lift in May and if you ping me then I can send you some better photos of the entire interior.

Name:  0413 014.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  202.5 KB

Here are some better close ups.

Backing of trunk carpet:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  322.2 KB

Trunk carpet close up- square weave a la 356:
Views: 388
Size:  256.9 KB

Interior carpet- Not square weave:
Views: 388
Size:  201.9 KBu

is that coir?

Quote Originally Posted by 37yrold911 View Post
    is that coir?
    I'm pretty sure the backing is natural fiber coconut husk, so yes, i believe it is coir.

Thx - I am wondering about the use of horse hair - when & where...

I have 301035 It has lost its front seats but the carpet and rear seats are original as well as the back deck. PM me if you want pics?

Oh 301035 is 4.25 .65

Quote Originally Posted by 37yrold911 View Post
    Thx - I am wondering about the use of horse hair - when & where...
    I can't say what is inside the seats on 1318, however I believe the construction is most likely similar to 356C seats and they are primarily constructed of formed, rubberized cushions of the natural coconut fiber (coir) with a little horsehair to round things out along with cotton, felt and burlap. A lot of people use the term "horsehair" pretty loosely to describe the natural coconut fiber cushions, which is technically incorrect.

My #302580 has the fiber backed trunk mat very much like was posted. The interior was redone at some point so no help on the carpet.
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709