Thread: Swb fasteners audit

Swb fasteners audit

Hi has anyone been through the nuts and bolts required for restoration replacement?

Eg

Transmission tunnel 701
    M6x10#2
    M6 Spring washer #2
    M8x15#3
    M8 Lock washer #3
    M8x32#1
    M8 lock washer #1
    M8 nut#1

If not I am about to have a go for 1968 swb.

Plan is to figure out ball park quantities of bolts required (eg 88 M8x1x25 ) , and then have project packs for each section of the rebuild.

Can someone confirm if all fasteners are yellow zinc or if there are bolts with other coating for interior or for fixing panels?

Help appreciated as ever

Rich
    Rich
    68 911S
    mbr. 2393

Rich, what is on the car now? Restoring with modern hardware is not the value-maximizing strategy these days, which may not matter.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  112.5 KB

Hi, there is nothing on the car at the moment 😀, everything is in boxes.

When it is finished it will be a matching gearbox /engine/ chassis , swb 1968 S, in rhd

Was my everyday driver for five years stored for a couple of years restoration for the past three years. With the bolts figured it was better /safer not to reuse 50 year old bolts....

Rich
    Rich
    68 911S
    mbr. 2393

Types of bolts

Does anyone have pictures of original bolt head design for 1968? So I can check if the bolts that came off the car are any more original than new replacements. I thought this was interesting, from another post regarding corrosion protection.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 93
Size:  70.9 KB
    Rich
    68 911S
    mbr. 2393