Thread: Heads up about 911 documentary

Heads up about 911 documentary

I'm not 100% sure this is new news, but probably worth watching. Tonight at 10:00 EDT on the Velocity Channel

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/a...-421-20160419#

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim !! Will watch !! George Kehler

Just set the DVR--thanks!

I watched this last night. It's not about the evolution of the 911, but the 2017 911 twin turbo, rear wheel steering model. A half hour of going round the track and commenting on how the 911 has changed from 2015 to 2017. Bit of a disappointment it didn't have any older 911's.

Quote Originally Posted by davidgoerndt View Post
    I watched this last night. It's not about the evolution of the 911, but the 2017 911 twin turbo, rear wheel steering model. A half hour of going round the track and commenting on how the 911 has changed from 2015 to 2017. Bit of a disappointment it didn't have any older 911's.
    I agree. I was excited about the preview trailer thinking the older cars would be featured. Worth watching but not what I hoped for.
    Bobby Smith
    member #299
    1973 914/4 2.8 ltr. (FTD winner 2008 Charlotte Parade) (sold)
    1973 911 "Orangello"
    1973 914/6 GT 3.2 "Crystal Blue Persuasion" (sold)
    2011 Boxster Spyder
    1973 911 E "E GO" Metallic Green

Sorry guys and gals. It turned out to be a infomerciaL. Kind of entertaining, though.
    Side note: Tommy Kendal is a seasoned 24 Hours of LeMons racer.

Ciao

Jim

I, too, was looking forward to a program with more of a historical background of the 911. Very slick presentation, though. Porsche is doing well !! George Kehler

There is another program that did drive all of the 911 variants from the beginning of the model to the present and compare them to the modern 911's.

agree it was an infomercial.....That is the first time I have seen them put Tommy on camera showing him walking...Tommy Kendal is a great guy....A couple of years ago, took my kids to an ALMS race....We were standing there watching them prep one of the Vipers....he walked up, saw my kids were pretty into it and then invited them to sit in the car and get their picture taken with him...he went out of his way to give two kids the royal treatment...He didn't need to do any of that....Kevin Buckler did the same thing...these two guys ended up with fans for life

Meh...big time infomercial.
    Steve