Thread: 911S Resurrection Not Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Sadly, yes...
    sadly? so ... in the back flares I have:
    Putty "Enough"
    Putty "Gray"?
    Pink putty
    paintings
    Are all these putties the same process or different processes? The pink putty and the two layers of yellow that tell me? What should be three yellows in the body ....?
    but I don't understand or sadly! I also have this photo .... pink putty is visible there I think or is a simple defect. I'm also trying to locate that "gray" putty in the headlamps embedded in the bonnet, but for now I haven't found anything safe
    Name:  zProto_914114-12.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  57.9 KB

Putty (AKA Bondo) always makes me think of accident repairs). On an early 911, it makes me sad.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Putty (AKA Bondo) always makes me think of accident repairs). On an early 911, it makes me sad.
    As I said other times. The car overturned, suffered a major accident here but if I have something clear, I think that the pink putties are not a product of that accident and I understand that neither that "gray" that you comment as AKA. What is the purpose of giving these two layers of putty before painting? Different properties? Until now I thought that the pink putty was the finishing one, but then the gray layer?
    The photo of the prototype shown in the previous post seems to have that same putty but ... is it a colored one afterwards or that which is appreciated would be a pink putty?
    Where do I put the two layers of yellow in this puzzle?
    And as I said once in a while ... If you can be clear better, I seek to find the answers of the preparation of the car I do not look for a jewel. And the matter of the layers of paint has my head screwed up "So if someone has clear or not so clear appreciations I would appreciate it if I pour your opinion since I continue to build what I believe was the car and I do it as I get opinions, experience and vision ....
    I hope I don't misunderstand the message since the tone and thought is friendly!
    Greetings to all and thanks for commenting Targa!

I take the opportunity to ask. If the car has a delivery date in January of 72. It was built in 71. What extra package was shown to the customer? A sheet of 71? Or one of 72?

Conversation with the second owner of the vehicle. I have omitted fragments and names etc ... If someone needs a summary because they don't know much Spanish or little interest, I can transcribe it into English!
    Greetings to all
    it talks about the preparation of the car, its accident, the extra headlights ...

it is a fragment of 6 minutes of a much more extensive conversation which I have had to summarize in this ...

pd:There is a moment in the conversation that I removed in which the former owner tells me that my father, "For a photo I sent him" saw that we had increased the width of the road. Clarify, that when he says he saw a photo, it means that he saw the photo of the current data sheet and not of the car where he would not recognize any change except in color and headlights. I say this, because in the current technical sheet (the one issued about 20/30years ago"as time goes....

") it was necessary to add the width of the vehicle's path in order to pass the new ITV. For this, we had to go to an engineer to make us a study "of the supposed modifications" that we had made. It is noted in the data sheet as a road reform although the car has never been refurbished, but in the eyes of the Spanish ITV, the width of the car's track had to be registered. From there, part of the certificate we have from Porsche Iberica where it clarifies the route with which I can circulate and the VIN number. I leave this clear, by the time I publish the extensive part ...! If anyone has any questions or wants me to clarify something / translate ...
    Last edited by _gonbau; 10-16-2019 at 04:37 AM.

I don't speak Spanish at all, so a short abstract would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    I don't speak Spanish at all, so a short abstract would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    I will see how I manage them! I will try to make a video like this but translating the sentences with the help of my brother! In a while I upload it!
    Regards

You can try to give subtitles in English or Spanish. An approximate translation should come out.
    Now I'm going to write it as a summary

we present this gentleman because I have not met him. I tell him about the porsche since he was a former owner .... he tells me about the bodywork and tells me that it was very light but at this moment in the conversation it is not clear what he means. He tells me about the accident, and that the "Toda" body started ... It also says that the body was plasticized and was factory-made to 4 that was automatically assembled and disassembled. (I understand that he says this because he, the day after the accident went to see the car, and also, was seeing its evolution in the repair. I would say this because he saw that in the "reconstruction" of the car the front parts were welded to the moon and support the glass?)
    They tell him that they have asked Germany for a new body and the old owner thinks that nothing was going to be noticed since he had only suffered the body, which had broken all. He tells me that he had changed the headlights that were in front of the hood. And he also says that the headlights embedded in the bonnet are made by the porch and so they were before and after the accident.
    I need a lot of conversation but I think that the most important things I have been able to get, if anyone wants some more part of the fragment I can publish it but I think I will make an extensive video with almost everything spoken with this man. Say, I have nothing clear. The mention of the plasticized body left me "out of place" ... Maybe it would only refer to the front parts? We have seen damage to the pillar of the front moon and the front. How strong was that blow? This man described him as overturning the vehicle and "escaping" the body. And the 2 layers of yellow?

as an outline:
    - The previous owner says that the car had a plastic "body" before the accident suffered by the next owner
    -That the headlights embedded in bonnet were made by the porsche and also, there should be two more headlights.
    - Germany was asked for a new "body" since the chassis did not suffer (words from him)
    -The new body was replaced but this man notes, something similar to that it is no longer as mountable and detachable as it was at first.
    - It says, that manufactures Germany I send parts that were not of that model of the car due to the "plasticity" of the same.
    ---------------------------------------------
    How could I investigate the name of a citizen in Germany? The German owned the car in Germany and brought it to the islands? This German was a buyer ....?
    As far as I know, he died here. Was a German looking to withdraw his days in the Canary Islands and brought the car with him? Here I had construction business. Little else I know about him
    Last edited by _gonbau; 10-17-2019 at 04:45 AM.

Hi, I have reviewed the rear cable installation. There was a knot of cables caught with a black plastic tape (I have already found it other times by the car and I think it was the result of the accident) This cable that catches my attention is cut, It is extremely long and green and the other gray! Any idea what these cables were for?
    RegardsName:  73046694_1346392675542064_2314059152801923072_n.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  55.6 KBName:  75237557_975532816118170_7433301063123337216_n.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  77.2 KB
    it was flooded with that other cable also in disuseName:  72761007_716136722202025_6214517231464742912_n.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  48.7 KBName:  73524652_846638655731824_1666862118789447680_n.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  52.1 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 10-21-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Believe it’s for the rear fog light
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)