Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172

Thread: 911S Resurrection Not Restoration

Observing my traffic documents in Spain, I observe today that the cylinder capacity indicated is 2326. This cylinder capacity, how was it declared when entering Spain? For documents? Verbally? Is this displacement correct?
    +
    I have a vehicle, registered in the Canary Islands, with registration, traffic communicates that it is a 911R by images it is understood "more than enough" that it is not.

+

I NEED HELP CHOOSING AN ENGINE. I have looked at the prices of the 2.4 and they are not "as low" as I expected but it is still too much. Switching to a 3.0L would be a very bizarre thing? The engine thing is serious... As well as we are in contact to stretch the chassis and change the front tray. From what I've been told it's not a cellette... it's "electronic" something I don't understand and I don't know if it would help me. Has anyone stretched a vehicle of these in a "modern" bank?
    +
    I've been to the mechanic and talked to him! I showed him the video of the engine and it says apart from the crankshaft there may be damage to the crankcase! The movement of the crankshaft to have apart from the forward and backward movement a transverse movement or something similar that makes you think of damage to the crankcase. For now, the idea of ​​opening the engine to see its status is ruled out, so we are looking for engines. I have a budget although that budget has a deadline... Money is always on the move I suppose. So the story is that the mechanic knows some people, to get advice on whether it is better to go to a 3.0l or leave the 2.7. The mechanic thinks that the 3.0L sucks more oil or something similar something that I thought not. What I thought he would tell me by proposing the change to 3.0l was that it was a good idea. But no. At first I think he was not very amused, although we agreed that he would call me! It's a great workshop from what I understand and the truth... I really liked the place.

+

I'm still looking for engine ideas for the vehicle... I've looked at this 2.7. What do you think? I have looked (in another post there are the links) other types of more current engines... but for now I have not found good information so I don't know if the path of 2.7 is correct... I want an engine to have fun... not for a garage queen then... which way to choose?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12528182961....c100667.m2042

+

this 3.0L with transmission
    https://www.racepartstrader.com/list...0-911-engine/#
    Would this engine be "interesting"? Why is it "so low in price"?
    Attachment 575056

+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +Attachment 575325

+
    the protective rubbers of the rear bumpers correspond to those of an RS? I note the detail that in 72 they had a chrome rim but the ones I have don't. I would be interested to know if they were changed as a result of the accident or originally I had these tires. Do they look original or are they too crude? I think they are not the originals, and I also think they are not Porsche. I have to look at it in detail since I haven't put time into it... I say this because of the memories that come to mind. When I had that rubber in my hands it didn't give me the feeling that it was Porsche, I left this as a note for me to remember it.
    Attachment 577210Name:  7070740005_91275ab22f_o.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  191.7 KB
    +
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...67#post1130767

+
    Attachment 579881Name:  301617042_10216759971231973_4599774996209521711_n.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  62.6 KBName:  301828763_10216762476934614_4606619883218064958_n.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  122.8 KBName:  301770930_10216762472494503_4993867188008856144_n.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  122.3 KBName:  301479871_10216759969431928_4967842903968343318_n.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  82.5 KBName:  301276038_10216757337206124_7938159612794311648_n.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  42.6 KBName:  301298906_10216757330445955_8664745174260490121_n.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  47.5 KBName:  301345751_10216757335966093_3432785702382100526_n.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  50.0 KBName:  301372448_10216759955911590_3172160616938782584_n.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  55.1 KB

"S.Wallrafen"
    +
    BmW
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/17407099011...Bk9SR9rM5ZrbYA

Generals motors
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/18498141181...Bk9SR6KJ_prbYA
    +
    They have given me the pieces of my vehicle. I only have good words for those mechanics... I have to hit them with the pressure gun that I bought to finish cleaning them but the decarbonization has done them good. There were two bent valves, input and exhaust, they were changed, the work that was done was the following and at this "price": €400 make the 6 heads in full, change of guides, stems and seals. The existing valves are rectified for their use, they are decarbonized and rusty screws are removed, some with a welding method. and everything is reassembled. I left there when I picked up the pieces, quite happy... I had been doubting for some time that the right company had been chosen and they have not failed me, so that's fine. on the other hand I bought a STD crankshaft from a member. umm today it arrived and I went to measure it at the place where I picked up the parts... the crankshaft looks perfect and as announced it is in STD measurements!

+

any information about preparations of porsches or any type of vehicle in Strasser&Bogner Pforzheim?
    our vehicle was prepared there (according to what they tell me from pforzheim), widening and headlights! It is painted yellow. And dieter goes out to run some events including the intercontinental in which he has an accident. Is it repainted yellow again at Strasser&bogner? I understand after the "accident" it should have been painted yellow again.... If it has been painted yellow twice, where would the original color layer be...?

+
    As far as I know, the Fend company was one of the biggest and best manufacturers of "multicolor pens" in the world between the years 30/50. On average about 250 employees...As I have shown before, the Gebr Fend company had relationships with BMW, General Motors, Volkswagen... The Fend company closed in the 70s. Its patents were sold. Super Norma among many others.

+
    Quote Originally Posted by John Fusco View Post
    Im no expert but that video looks more like art than science.
    Just stick a couple lumps of lead in the front bumper

Impressive persistence !
    https://theansweris27.com/porsche-94...-aerodynamics/

+

+

https://www.pieldetoro.net/foro/inde...che-3d.171474/
    ++

No news! I haven't updated the engine much either. I've been with 3d design mind distancing a bit...but not quite. I made myself an R/C car in the shape of our vehicle! Nice times I guess!! I have investigated Gebr Fend! I fell in love with your pencils and pens in part and I have already acquired some... If someone wants a detailed photo I will have no problem opening an off-topic somewhere in the forum although now I am also present at fountainpennetwork.com/forum doing the questions pertaining to pen cleaning and a bit of Fend history.
    I still think there is still lost history of this car in Germany. The intercontinental...why so few photos of an "intercontinental" rally? Only 3? No historical route or something more than a simple "commemorative plate". I have "thrown" hours into the intercontinental and I haven't found "anything"... I talked to Berlin, the hotel... they didn't have records either, although I guess it's all a matter of "presence"...
    I have not found more sporting events with reference to Mr. Fend than those shown above!
    I'm still investigating if Mr. Fend brought more than one Porsche to these islands since I have some information "that makes me think about it"...
    In theory, we have the license plate of the vehicle when it was in Pforzheim but there are no records. (Knowing that it was impossible, I have also asked the town hall of that city) 0 registrations.
    The last thing I heard from people related to Dieter in Germany was that the headlights were made on the vehicle there, in Pforzheim, at the Strasser workshop...now called Strasser&Bogner. I contacted them and they also don't have records of anything with reference to the past. On the other hand and most importantly... People from Pforzheim say that only the headlights were made. That ran a few events at the hands of Klaus Reuber and Dieter Fend. They had an abandonment in the intercontinental due to a blow .... After that ... where was it repaired and repainted? According to the people from Pforzheim, the vehicle ran those events without widening and only with "hood headlights". They tell me, the flares/flares were made by someone outside of Germany. We have here, total proof of how the vehicle arrived in the Canary Islands, where it was registered for the first time in Spain. I arrive as S/T and with the appearance that it has today. The expansions, narrower than the current ones according to an old documented photo of my father (shown further back)

I know that there was a repair of the flares due to a lateral blow from my father. The one who repaired it is still standing so I have to talk to him but in my understanding, to shape a flare they touched the other one too... should I lift the layers of paint in that place?
    Going back to the last point. And following to the letter the words of the people of Germany, the one who ran with our vehicle.... Where were the modifications made if it was not in Germany or Spain..........? When the headlights were modified...was a double exhaust also added and for that reason two holes were made in the rear bumper? Or is that the product of the modification when it widened?... From my point of view, all this text should not be true, but rather a guide.... I am still not clear about how the vehicle was modified for the headlights but it did not widen. The layers of paint and a few other things are also not clear to me. But, I leave it written because, after all, the truth is what is known............and according to what is known from Germany, this vehicle was a 911S to which headlights were put to run events and then... someone put the flares on it!
    Within this you have to put that there are holes in the interior of the vehicle for fire extinguishers, that there are also the supports of the anti-roll cages and that there are also some holes where there could be an aftermarket "mirror" or some aftermarket power cut.... We also find a "large" hole that passes from the front of the vehicle into the interior of the passenger compartment at the height of the "glove compartment". There is a strange cut in the rear engine cover a little below the rear wiper (aftermarket wiper as it is not included in the extras on the build sheet). Apart from that, neither the Recaro armchairs nor the electrical installation with switch (original) of any extra front light, the roll cage or fire extinguishers are included. Where was all that modification done?
    If we understand the intercontinental rally as a long-range rally...
    should the vehicle be equipped with a fire extinguisher? I think so...
    with roll bars? I think so...
    with rear windshield wipers? I would say that it was not mandatory but recommended.

With extra lights, I would say yes. If the present installation of extra lights in my vehicle has the original switch and wiring (I'm not sure, if someone can confirm it I would appreciate it). It is understood that these modifications were made before the intercontinental. So, all that must have been put on by STRASSER&Bogner. Could they have access to the original switches? Would they mount others from another original vehicle?

Making those modifications and being the year 72...Because not putting the flares on it at that very moment is a question that I can't answer.

Nor have I been able to respond to what the second owner of the vehicle told me, to whom Dieter sold this vehicle directly. "this car was light" "a few were made" and when I say few I think I'm saying about 5, 7 something like that. We still have pending for this man to come to the island and let's talk in person! Acquaintance of the island lives on the peninsula where he was originally from! This man knew the vehicle in its 100% form before any accident on the island, he bought it in a barn, (an industrial warehouse here in Tenerife). A great story that I hope you can tell me again when you come to the island... Anyway, a little update.
    Cheers
    //
    ZH:115
    **rech
    los amortiguadores de 1972 que monta el vehiculo, los podia obtener y montar un taller "externo" a la porsche y sus distribuidores?
    en aquella epoca para añadir los faros al capo se requeria certificado de ingeniero o algun documento?

+
    And most importantly, no answer was ever found as to why a German in 1973 names a Porsche that brought to these islands from Germany as a model that does not exist. Like ST....in the year 73.
    I guess, I would be an expert porschista and I would know what the Sts would be in 40 years.... equis.....de. I will try to pay attention to the words of the second owner. A few were made.
    Name:  cochesrc.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  92.1 KB

9112300575 911534 10231** 6320*00 32**** C130? U* 5301** ----- 720201 5 8080 ?? LUZ/102? E03 402 440
    +
    *Sold to Podia?
    +
    donde se obtuvieron los 2 Recaro?
    Donde,quien y cuando se monto el limpiaparabrisas trasero? y debido al contenido en extras que lleva el vehiculo porque no se pidio desde fabrica (ambas opciones). Quien monto la instalacion e interruptor para las luces delanteras ? Taller externo a la porsche con acceso a piezas originales porsche, fue strasser and bogner quienes montaron las luces segun me dicen desde pforzheim por lo que ellos montaron las luces con la instalacion original correspondiente...Si alli le puso las luces....(taller externo a la porsche)
    le puso los dos sillones tambien?Le puso la Jaula antivuelco alli? Tambien tendria strasser acceso a suspensiones delanteras Koni con Simbolo de distribuidor?
    Quien monto el "HALDA/twin"? strasser&Bogner?
    +
    el cableado de la publicacion 382 (cableado verde-blanco y marron) le faltan las clavijas...se utilizaron estos cables alguna vez? Le faltan las clavijas o venia asi originalmente.....?

https://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?120982-911S-Resurrection-Not-Restoration/page38&highlight=rear
    +existen vehículos con extras de otros años,buscar.569
    +
    en mi teoria, si la porsche pusiese el numero kfz a cada porsche. Porque la cercania a 1081?
    +
    el volante tiene fecha del 72, no concuerda con produccion del vehiculo, quien le puso el volante actual al vehiculo?Concuerda con la fecha que llevan los amortiguadores de "recambio" fechados en el año 72?
    +
    cableado luces antiniebla traseras, la porsche dejaba los cables cortados y sin el conector en la instalacion "pre-factory"? Ver fotos anteriores
    +
    dos huecos de mas.
    +
    los tornillos en el brazo trasero y como se monto la jaula antivuelco? fue posible montarla despues de haber montado el vehiculo dado los orificios presentes?
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?120982-911S-Resurrection-Not-Restoration&p=1085508&highlight=holes#post1085508
    +
    entre diciembre y enero se satisfacen los pedidos de clientes especiales? impuestos?¿
    +
    El agujero "mal echo" debajo del salpicadero (zona copiloto) quizas no tiene que ver con la instalacion Twin Master, la grieta presente en el salpicadero no es por ser viejo tampoco, He encontrado otra teoria para esto observando algunos detalles mas en mi vehiculo. Pienso , en el accidente el daño llego hasta salpicadero partiendolo. Pienso, para estirar las chapas de esos lugares se practico un agujero (el agujero que pensaba podia ser para el TWINMASTER) , de ahi la forma , forma que se parece al agujero que se le practico en la parte delantero al soporte del capo. Desde fuera a dentro. Entonces, pienso. Las marcas presentes , el daño en el salpicadero me hacen pensar en esa teoria. Los agujeros pequeños en el marco del capo , desconozco para que son, muy pequeños como para tirar de ellos.
    En ese caso, por donde se montaba la instalacion de TWIN Master que los que conocen la historia del coche dicen que tenia?
    Donde "se montaron las barras antivuelco" si desde Pforzheim me dicen que no tenia... Algo que me parece extraño si Dieter corrio algun evento en el 72 con nuestro coche en alemania. (eventos, pues aparte de los del listaado me han nombrado algunos mas que se corrieron con nuestro vehiculo)
    +tio,gracias...dale saludos a la familia y diles que aqui todo va bien!! Todo marcha, todo rueda! Tu campo, el tuyo, llevara tu nombre, supongo que lo sabrias antes de irte, por lo visto, te querian mucho en el equipo,en el campo, por lo visto, hiciste altos a pequeñas personas. Perdoname y dile a abuelo que sigo con la maqueta.
    +
    M409?
    m425?
    ~
    1/1/72 supplied to Hahn (Porsche Germany/Spain)
    19/1/72 sold (Porsche France from director porsche)
    25/1/72 J. Bar who in turn provides a Kfz number (I suppose this could tell us about the document he has regarding my vehicle and others...)
    "sold in Germany 115 Hahn Stuttgart on the 25 Jan. 1972"
    -19 to 25?.
    +
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...81#post1161981
    +
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...-sport-purpose

"You are a one or a zero, you live or you die"
    Last edited by _gonbau; 03-14-2024 at 02:41 AM.