Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 911S Resurrection Not Restoration

Hahn/Sportabteilung

Good morning, I have contacted the dealer who sold the car in Fellbach, the Hanh dealer to find out more about the car. I have been answered this that agrees with the history that I have been collecting on this concessionaire that I believe change of place with its respective displacement of papers, information, etc .... Somebody has information of this concessionaire of the time or can provide some light? Thank you

--------------------------------------------
    Dear Mr Baudet,

thank you very much for your inquiry and the related interest for our company.
    We regret to inform you that we have no information about this vehicle. Because of moving and renaming we have no information available.

We wish you much pleasure with the beautiful vehicle.
    Yours sincerely

Max Haug

Maximilian Haug

Assistent Vertrieb und Marketing

Porsche Zentrum Schwäbisch Gmünd

Hahn Sportwagen Schwäbisch Gmünd GmbH

Ferdinand-Porsche-Weg 1
    D-73529 Schwäbisch Gmünd

E-Mail:

maximilian.haug@porsche-schwaebisch-gmuend.de

Today I dedicate my time to approach leroy merlin and buy this grinder. I have been working cutting the weld and at the end with a little knack to come out well. Here is the result. Tomorrow I'll put the oil cooler on!

Name:  hoy.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  74.0 KBName:  hoy2.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  82.4 KBName:  hoy3.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  48.5 KBName:  hoy4.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  51.6 KBName:  hoy5.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  53.8 KB

member #1515
    Debes usar unos anteojos de seguridad para proteger tus ojos! Es muy fácil que te brinque un pedazo de metal.
    You should use safety glasses while grinding, too easy to get a shaving in your eye.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    Debes usar unos anteojos de seguridad para proteger tus ojos! Es muy fácil que te brinque un pedazo de metal.
    You should use safety glasses while grinding, too easy to get a shaving in your eye.
    Tienes toda la razon, pero me pudieron las prisas por poner a prueba la nueva herramienta.
    Quien me graba , me lo dijo varias veces , no se volvera a repetir ! Gracias por el consejo

Today I have been with the car a short time, but it has given me time to be able to do another part that interested me, I am cleaning the right battery case. What do you think? Stripper, wire brush and a little dremel. This last tool is a last

Name:  hoy1.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  81.5 KBName:  hoy2.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  87.1 KBName:  hoy4.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  119.0 KBName:  hoy5.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  131.5 KBName:  hoy7.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  70.6 KBName:  hoy6.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  47.9 KB

I have seen that the tubes are golden if I scratch them a little. My question is: how do you remove all the fat without damaging the coating?
    Can you remove it and leave it in gold? Or is it a protective layer?

The oil lines are thin wall brass tubing, so you are seeing the brass when you scratch them. Be VERY CAREFUL removing undercoat and paint from tubes, they are a thinwall tube.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    The oil lines are thin wall brass tubing, so you are seeing the brass when you scratch them. Be VERY CAREFUL removing undercoat and paint from tubes, they are a thinwall tube.
    Do you recommend the use of paint stripper for that task?

member #1515
    Ed has more experience, but those lines are not easily removable for repaint. Try some solvent, you should be able to get kerosene or mineral spirits.
    Tiene mas experiencia Ed, pero creo que petróleo o solvente mineral seria mejor, ya que no podrás quitar las lineas para repintarlas fácilmente.
    David

Of agreement I look for solvent with mineral compound that up until now I had no idea of its existence !! To see how it goes! How do you have these tubes? My idea would be contrary to that of this as it is now, Black and full of fat.

de acuerdo buscare disolvente con compuesto mineral que hasta ahora no tenia ni idea de su existencia !! a ver que tal va! Como teneis estos tubos ustedes?alguna foto? mi idea seria contraria a la de que este como esta ahora, Negro y lleno de grasa.
    Last edited by _gonbau; 12-10-2016 at 03:14 PM.

member #1515
    In Mexico it is called Aguarraz or Thinner para pintura. No Thinner para laca, se usa para limpiar brochas tambien.
    Paint thinner but not for lacquer.
    David