Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 911S Resurrection Not Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    In Mexico it is called Aguarraz or Thinner para pintura. No Thinner para laca, se usa para limpiar brochas tambien.
    Paint thinner but not for lacquer.

Okay, now we understand, as a child I used that with platinum to entertain me.
    I'll buy it on Monday and see what
    Last edited by _gonbau; 09-18-2018 at 03:25 PM.

member #1515
    Diesel fuel works well also to remove the grease "fat" .
    Puedes usar Diesel o petróleo también, dejalos un rato.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Diesel fuel works well also to remove the grease "fat" .
    Puedes usar Diesel o petróleo también, dejalos un rato.
    More easy, tomorrow on the way home I stop at some gas station and go! I will take some photos for you to see the process, although I suppose of little importance, I like to keep this up to date since for me it is like a small work guide

mas facil, mañana de camino a casa paro en alguna gasolinera y listo! Hare algunas fotos para que veais el proceso aunque supongo que de poca importancia , me gusta mantener esto al dia ya que para mi es como una pequeña guia de trabajo

Someone could tell me what types of exhaust kits go with this piece ...? I apologize for my lack of knowledge but I am curious to see images of how it would look. I understand they are the spaces for silencers!

Name:  DSC_0407.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  61.9 KB

Yesterday I entertained myself 5 minutes before leaving north of the island. I want to leave it unpolluted

Name:  ayer1.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  69.7 KBName:  ayer2.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  77.2 KBName:  ayer3.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  65.7 KBName:  acccete.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  45.8 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 01-02-2017 at 04:17 AM. Reason: add last image

Hello, today I have been giving the battery compartment for a while to check for rust etc ... is a difficult part to clean since I have not yet extracted the oil cooler.

Name:  hoydr.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  107.9 KBName:  hoyy.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  71.2 KBAttachment 404884Name:  hoy.jpg
Size:  89.0 KBName:  hoy2.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  86.0 KBName:  DSC_1607.jpg
Size:  63.4 KB

+

Name:  interior bateria.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  116.0 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  60.6 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 12-13-2016 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Hope you can save that funky looking hood!
    I've been eyeing it today and it's not bad at all I do not know if I sandblasted .....

member #1515
    The cooler looks in great shape. That means it was not driven on salty roads much. I wouldn't expect too much rust.
    El radiador se mira excelente. No se expuso a mucha sal, creo que no vas a encontrar mucha oxidación.
    David

The cooler looks in great shape. That means it was not driven on salty roads much. I wouldn't expect too much rust.
    El radiador se mira excelente. No se expuso a mucha sal, creo que no vas a encontrar mucha oxidación.
    The idea is not to find, it was brought in 73 to the islands and here it has been until now. For those who have not been in the Canary Islands the weather is unbeatable, we are now 22º and there are no clouds in sight . I invite you to know the climate of these islands and their places

la idea es no encontrar, se trajo en el 73 a las islas y aqui ha estado hasta ahora. Para quien no haya estado en las islas canarias el clima es inmejorable, ahora mismo estamos a 22º y no hay nubes a la vista . Os invito a conocer el clima de estas islas y sus lugares

member #1515
    Hermoso!
    The first settlers to the San Antonio, TX area were Canary Islanders. Landing in Corpus Christi .Their descendants have a festival every year.
    By the way those early coolers are worth muchas pesetas!
    David