Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: 911S Resurrection Not Restoration

member #1515
    I would not worry about the damage to the dash, there is no way to repair, but it is not a big area.

No me preocuparia del dano al tablero, no hay manera de repararlo, pero no es muy grande el area afectado.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    I would not worry about the damage to the dash, there is no way to repair, but it is not a big area.

No me preocuparia del dano al tablero, no hay manera de repararlo, pero no es muy grande el area afectado.
    Thank you very much again. It is what we are valuing and now I think we have it clear. We will not burn the body. As for concentrating work seems to me the best. What process would you follow with this piece? I would like to give it epoxy and I do not know that I should clean it before removing all the dirt. I just said a savage and to give him the epoxy he should pick everything up in metal and this does not matter. They forgive me for my inexperience in these matters. With the dashboard, I'm fine. To my sincerely the car I like that it has bruises, nothing new and shiny. From my humble opinion

Apart from this theme. Just as annoys the one that exposes in Spanish and English. If so, discuss it and try to write only in English.

Muchas gracias de nuevo. Es lo que estamos valorando y ahora creo que lo tenemos claro. No arenaremos la carroceria. Respecto a lo de concentrar el trabajo me parece lo mejor. Que proceso seguirias con esta pieza? Me gustaria darle epoxy y no se con que deberia de limpiarlo antes para quitar toda la "mugre". Igual acabo de decir una salvajada y para darle el epoxy deberia de decaparlo todo en metal y esto no interesa. Perdonan por mi inexperiencia en estos temas. Con el salpicadero , me vale. A mi sinceramente el coche me gusta que tenga magulladuras , nada de nuevo y reluciente. Desde mi humilde opinion

member #1515
    You are going to have to strip the paint to metal. You can use aircraft stripper paint remover and do it by hand, panel by panel.
    For the underside I would have it power washed to get all the old mud off. Truck shops use water with diesel in the power washer. Do that first before stripping the paint off the outside panels. Only then can you use an epoxy primer.
    Vas a tener que pelar toda la pintura exterior hasta llegar a la lamina. Usa un removedor tip aeronautico. Hazlo a mano en partes.
    Todas las partes bajas las puedes lavar con una bomba a presión usando un a solucionar de diesel y agua. Con eso quitas toda la mugre. Lava las partes bajas antes de empezar la pelada exterior. Ya que tengas la lamina bien limpia y preparada puedes usar un primer epoxico. Si lo quieres amarillo, usa un epoxico gris claro o blanco.
    Unicamente pelandolo vas a poder ubicar la oxidación.
    David

You are going to have to strip the paint to metal. You can use aircraft stripper paint remover and do it by hand, panel by panel.
    For the underside I would have it power washed to get all the old mud off. Truck shops use water with diesel in the power washer. Do that first before stripping the paint off the outside panels. Only then can you use an epoxy primer.
    Vas a tener que pelar toda la pintura exterior hasta llegar a la lamina. Usa un removedor tip aeronautico. Hazlo a mano en partes.
    Todas las partes bajas las puedes lavar con una bomba a presión usando un a solucionar de diesel y agua. Con eso quitas toda la mugre. Lava las partes bajas antes de empezar la pelada exterior. Ya que tengas la lamina bien limpia y preparada puedes usar un primer epoxico. Si lo quieres amarillo, usa un epoxico gris claro o blanco.
    Unicamente pelandolo vas a poder ubicar la oxidación.
    Apart from the message that I sent you, in this piece I do not look for oxidation since I have it located in the front. I the piece I see well. In these cases how to proceed? As you said, I did not want to complicate life. I've thought about whether to clean it with water pressure and diesel as you said. Another point is that maybe I'm abusing the epoxy in the sense that this piece may just need a cleaning apart from the front repair. This is my question ... Are the parts that are well, need to be "bathed" in epoxy?

aparte del mensaje que te he enviado , en esta pieza no busco oxidacion ya que la tengo localizada en el frontal. Yo la pieza la veo bien. En estos casos como se procede? como bien dijistes RStarga no me quiero complicar la vida. He pensado en si para limpiarla darle con presion de agua y gasoil como tambien dijiste. Otro punto es el de que a lo mejor estoy abusando del epoxy en el sentido de que esta pieza quizas solo necesite una limpieza aparte de la reparacion frontal. esta es mi pregunta... Las piezas que esten bien, tienen necesidad de ser "bañadas" en epoxy ?

Hi, I wonder what will be the way to work this interior zone ... sanded inside? I do not think i do much

Name:  DSC_1379.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  54.1 KB

+

It will be solved by cutting sanitizing, welding and putting wax of cavities
    Last edited by _gonbau; 03-30-2017 at 09:37 AM.

Hoy he estado limpiando con quitagrasas y un estropajo suave. Va quedando bien a mi entender

Today I have been cleaning with scraps and a soft sponge. Is it going well ... or so I think, any comments?

Attachment 405727Attachment 405728Attachment 405729Name:  8.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  91.6 KB

+

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  66.3 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  47.2 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  86.8 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  68.6 KB

+

Attachment 416471Name:  DSC_0055.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  63.2 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 09-18-2018 at 03:28 PM.

In the absence of some work time, I almost have the "clean" floors ... after the stripper proceed to remove grease and a smooth brushing with the drill. Or so I think...

A falta de algun tiempo de trabajo, ya casi tengo los suelos "limpios" ... despues del decapante procedere a dar quita grasas y un cepillado suave con el taladro. O eso creo...

Name:  1s.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  103.7 KBName:  hoy3s.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  85.8 KBName:  hoys2.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  75.3 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 12-21-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Name:  oxdio lado izq.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  72.7 KB

Yesterday I found this rust on the left side of the car. I think it will proceed with sandpaper since the area is easily accessible, it does not look rough therefore I hope it is effective. Would you pass sandpaper?

Does anyone know an epoxy with transparent base?
    https://www.castrocompositesshop.com...tech-4010.html
    I am thinking of giving a product similar to the floors of the vehicle.

+

Name:  wdwd.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  130.4 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 03-20-2017 at 10:07 AM. Reason: add Does anyone know an epoxy with transparent base?

member #1515
    I think a wire wheel would work better in that area. I think you need to use a proper anti corrosive primer after you have worked on these areas.
    Creo que es mejor un cepillo rotativo de acero en esas areas. Necesitas usar un primer anti corrosivo después para prevenir mas oxidación.
    David

I think a wire wheel would work better in that area. I think you need to use a proper anti corrosive primer after you have worked on these areas.
    Creo que es mejor un cepillo rotativo de acero en esas areas. Necesitas usar un primer anti corrosivo después para prevenir mas oxidación.
    I understand that the anticorrosive is not the converter of oxide that I use ... I use Hamerrite, but as it says the product is only for the zones with rust. My work would be according to your advice, pass wire brush to the area, converter to the damaged area if it is rusty and then a hand to the whole floor of the car with an anticorrosive product? Which products do you know? I'm doing the "shopping" list and I've added the sealant for joints when the job progresses. But for priming before epoxy ... unknown. regards

Entiendo que el anticorrosivo no es el convertidor de oxido que utilizo... Uso Hamerrite , pero como bien dice el producto es solo para las zonas con oxido. Mi trabajo seria segun tu consejo, pasar cepillo de alambres a la zona, convertidor a la zona dañada si es que queda oxido y luego una mano a todo el suelo del coche con un producto anticorrosivo? que productos conoces tu? Estoy haciendo la lista " de la compra " y he añadido el sellador de juntas para cuando avance mas el trabajo. Pero de imprimacion para antes del epoxy... desconocia. Saludos