Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: 911S Resurrection Not Restoration

From what I've seen today. The two fins have a red background. And when I say in the background is that the factory yellow is not in the background if this red is not worn. On top of this red is the yellow preparation of which the whole car is composed. Because this piece is that red? In the reverse of the piece you can see the red background too. He had published photos of the welding but had not fallen on this subject. Anyone have any idea how this piece can end up in this preparation? Do the fins come from a donor car? I would appreciate some light on this topic as it is I like to go inventorying things and more, if they are of this type of interest. Greetings again

Por lo que he visto hoy. Las dos aletas tienen de fondo rojo. Y cuando digo de fondo es que no esta el amarillo de fabrica de fondo si no este rojo desgastado. Encima de este rojo esta la preparacion amarilla de la que se compone todo el coche. Porque esta pieza es de ese rojo? En el reves de la pieza se ve el fondo rojo tambien. Habia publicado las fotos de la soldadura pero no habia caido en este asunto. Alguien tiene idea de como puede acabar esa pieza en esta preparacion? Las aletas provienen de un coche donador? Agradeceria algo de luz sobre este tema ya que es me gusta ir haciendo inventario de las cosas y mas, si son de este tipo de interes. Saludos de nuevo
    Last edited by _gonbau; 05-08-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Preparing the area to give it an epoxy past. I have to buy more brushes.
    I have found the same color of welding in this corner of the battery box. Pollution or area of ​​work?

Name:  DSC_1602.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  85.6 KBName:  bat.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  92.4 KBName:  batt.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  56.4 KBName:  battt.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  61.7 KBName:  batttt.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  78.5 KB

member #1515
    That area has had body work, and will have to be redone.
    Ya hubo danos reparados y se tendrán que rehacer para que quede bien.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    That area has had body work, and will have to be redone.
    Ya hubo danos reparados y se tendrán que rehacer para que quede bien.
    Heat gun and rubber hammer? I'll see what I can do. The idea is not to distort much the way the car left my father. According to him, he was doing well. For me to improve these parts is secondary in the sense that as you well say you were already repaired.

Pistola de calor y martillo de goma ? Vere a ver que puedo hacer. La idea es no distorsionar mucho el como dejo el coche mi padre. Segun el , iba bien. Para mi mejorar estas partes es secundario en el sentido de que como tu bien dices ya estaba reparado.

member #1515
    No, you need a good body man.
    No, necesitas un buen hojalatero. Alguien que sabe reparar coches chocados.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    No, you need a good body man.
    No, necesitas un buen hojalatero. Alguien que sabe reparar coches chocados.
    For now I leave the area and give epoxy. When the car leaves for the rider on the engine cover will be done along with some more things that I have seen as the area that you recommended me, the spars

Por lo pronto dejo la zona asi y doy capa de epoxy. Cuando el coche salga para el chapista para el oxido en la tapa del motor se hara junto con algunas cosas mas que he visto como la zona que me recomendaistes , los largueros

I would like to re-emphasize the meaning of this "set-up". I'm not looking to get a collection car, I just want to drive the car my father drove. To say that for the moment I only spend € 170 spent on this. Between tools brushes and epoxies. This figure is very far from the 100k that take this type of restorations but for that we go back to the starting point. This car, as far as possible, is quite frequent, either for a ride or a "light" ride, that is to say, I hope you will understand that in this set-up (in the next few years you will see) you will not have In account the details of repaired blows etc. since for me, that's history of the car and not my father. To finish saying that it costs me not to mount and to disassemble the car. I guess every 2 years I go checking the state, disassembling inside and looking at possible rusty returns.

me gustaria volver a destacar el sentido que tiene esta "puesta a punto". No busco conseguir un coche de coleccion, simplemente busco conducir el coche que condujo mi padre. Decir que por lo pronto solo llevo 170€ gastados en esto. Entre herramientas brochas y epoxys. Esta cifra esta muy lejos de los 100k que se llevan este tipo de restauraciones pero para eso volvemos al punto de inicio. Este coche en la medida de lo posible se sacara bastante frecuente ya sea de paseo o de paseo "mas ligerito" , dicho esto espero que vayais entendiendo que en esta puesta a punto (en la siguiente en unos años ya se vera) no se tendran en cuenta los detalles de golpes reparados etc ya que para mi, eso es historia del coche y no de mi padre. Acabar diciendo que no me cuesta montar y desmontar el coche. Yo supongo que cada 2 añitos ire revisando el estado, desmontando interior y mirando posibles retornos de oxidos.

The next goals will be these. I understand that it is a defect of the 911 chassis to grip the pedals to the structure. As the pins pass directly to the ground and there is dripping moisture. I do not see rotten for now although I perceive something of fear inside of me since the zone is not very well. I have managed to remove the two screws from the pedal assembly but I can not access the inside. I have seen in the videos of Jeff that when dismounting the pedals is put under the car and I think that can be these two threads. I have looked and I think these, are welded to the chassis can be?

Los proximos objetivos seran estos. Tengo entendido que es un defecto del chasis del 911 el agarre de los pedales a la estructura. Ya que los pasadores pasan directamente al suelo y por ahi se va colando la humedad. No veo podridos por ahora aunque percibo algo de miedo dentro de mi ya que la zona no esta muy bien. He conseguido retirar los dos tornillos del conjunto de pedales pero no consigo acceso a los del interior. He visto en los videos de Jeff que al desmontar los pedales se mete debajo del coche y pienso que pueden ser estas dos roscas. Las he mirado y pienso que estas, estan soldadas al chasis puede ser?

Name:  _DSC1358.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  77.3 KBName:  DSC_2082.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  82.8 KBName:  objetivos.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  95.5 KB

+

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  59.7 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  52.3 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  113.1 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 01-18-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Since this piece will be removed in full later, I have decided to cut the sheet to clean the part of the supports. I have found this unpleasant surprise. IN this week I hope to have erased the rust in this area although I do not know how much will be possible with the drill. Upload the photos as soon as you have them! regards

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  107.2 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  111.3 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  156.2 KB

Today I have been doing some tests of the depth to which the rust arrives while trying not to burn my food !! I have to take it all with more patience. The area is cleaned well except for some points where several plates meet. The area in general does not look good. I will work with brush all the zones and we will see as it remains since rust in this place do not interest me at all. So it goes

Name:  ee.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  99.2 KBName:  eee.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  78.0 KB

+

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  76.6 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  85.2 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 03-29-2017 at 04:37 PM.