Kaiku sin lactosa.
    .)

Name:  DSC_0528.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  80.3 KB
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-07-25 at 21.21.05.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  74.4 KB

I have to clean the rubber edge ... Work with a brush too big and not protected with the appropriate tape. Finish by removing it and this is the result! Deoxidizer, primer and epoxy! Also try the sunroof drain and I see that it works! I noticed a rubber interspersed between. What is it? Join the two drainage tubes but I do not understand why he would put on a rubber band. I painted it since it was yellowed by time. If there really is no leakage in the drainage tube you may keep it!

+

Knowing that it is not recommended and in the absence of practice. Cut the part that is damaged to leave healthy margins (Something I learned from my studies when it comes to extract and study cancerous tissue is that you always remove 1cm of healthy tissue in the same piece and then paint and place it spatially apart from know if there has been an accurate surgery) and added fiberglass. Sand and go through the steps of priming etc! I understand that this "fix" is not very good since fiber is very close to humidity. How long can this arrangement last? time and my eyes will tell me but I hope that by the time I return, my circumstances based on my economy and my skills have improved!
    Salds from the Canary Islands!

+

I am also working the fiber front defense. It's still ugly but I'll show you how I'm going, let me look for the photos

Name:  DSC_0196.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  75.5 KB
    Attachment 464081Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-07-25 at 21.21.48 (2).jpg
Views: 568
Size:  79.3 KB

+

Name:  eclipse1.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  28.2 KB
    Name:  eclipse3.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  30.8 KB
    Name:  nubes1.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  63.3 KBName:  nubes4.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  125.1 KB

curiosity for the thought that when this eclipse returns (14 years) that moonlight will cover the car. By then I will be 40 years old and my life well tied.

+

I have been trying to install the fluzo condencer that I was sold by amazon but I think it is not made for this engine! Maybe for 2.4! ... Jokes aside I was investigating what could be this pileup and I found it curious to take it! To clarify some clueless has nothing to do with the car!

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-07-25 at 21.20.56.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  105.1 KB

+

My grandfather Ramón, when he raced here on the island!

Name:  DSC_1002.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  53.5 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 08-12-2018 at 05:11 AM.

Any information about these tires? They were manufactured before 72? My father tells me that very possibly these are the ones that the car brought or very similar!
    the brand is Ronal Kleeblatt if I have not informed

Name:  40276268_1876267742464564_2905494566280888320_o.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  70.2 KB

+

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-05 at 23.33.34.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  75.6 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-05 at 23.40.30.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  59.6 KBName:  DSC_0976.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  83.5 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 09-05-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Hi. Yesterday I was cleaning the mechanism of the rear windshield wiper and I found that the internal fat is dry. I have removed the gears and lubricated the mechanism better but apart from needing to buy a new gasket (this is "fine" but I want it new) I wonder what type of grease to use for this .... Is there any recommendation? There was excess in the piece so I removed it and spread it again by the gears. It will not squeak anymore but I do not think it's a final solution.Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-12 at 23.54.42.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  86.4 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-12 at 23.54.30.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  94.7 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-12 at 23.54.41.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  90.8 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-12 at 23.54.36.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  92.2 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-12 at 23.54.39 (1).jpg
Views: 450
Size:  124.6 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-12 at 23.54.40.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  33.4 KB

"Il conto pregoni o el cuento del cuento chino." Y cito textualmente:
    No he puesto jamás lo que hago a mi 911, eso es privado.
    Pero el de al lao no? no ? eres la viva imagen de una enciclopedia que se apaga en el tiempo. Recuerdas encarta? el conocimiento es absorbido y pulido.
    Last edited by _gonbau; 09-14-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Hi Baudett, awesome work, you're becoming a master cleaner!!!! Even though you're putting lots of effort into the car, IMHO you should strip it off, have it sandblasted and all rust repaired.

You can definetely disasemble the car yourself, clean and restore those parts that you're able to, but let aknowledged proffesionals take care of the rust, otherwise you'll have to work twice and the rust will get worse.

I plan on doing something similar in the future, but my experience with classic cars tells me that you have to take care of the rust foremost, even if that leaves you cashless, you'll get up to speed later on

Hola Baudett, una pasada de trabajo, te vas a convertir en un maestro limpiador!!!! (ya me dirás como lo haces). Aunque te estás esforzando mucho, en mi humilde opinión deberías desmontarlo y que lo chorreen y reparen los óxidos.

Obviamente puedes desmontar el coche y limpiar y restaurar aquellas piezas con las que te sientas capaz, pero deja que los profesionales se ocupen del óxido, si no te tocará trabajar 2 veces y la oxidación empeorará.

En un futuro tengo previsto hacer algo parecido, pero por mi experiencia con otros clásicos, el óxido hay que atajarlo si o si, aunque sea lo único que hagas hasta que te recuperes económicamente.

Quote Originally Posted by anchoator View Post
    Hi Baudett, awesome work, you're becoming a master cleaner!!!! Even though you're putting lots of effort into the car, IMHO you should strip it off, have it sandblasted and all rust repaired.

You can definetely disasemble the car yourself, clean and restore those parts that you're able to, but let aknowledged proffesionals take care of the rust, otherwise you'll have to work twice and the rust will get worse.

I plan on doing something similar in the future, but my experience with classic cars tells me that you have to take care of the rust foremost, even if that leaves you cashless, you'll get up to speed later on
    he intention of the Spanish notation below is not to derive this to a spanish movie xd but rather it is a note in my diary to ignore !.
    You are right, I work on it, cleaning floors, houses and it is a great honor for me to recognize it although I am also learning other things. .... Regarding sandblasting today I find something quite aggressive, if you were interested you could read a few pages back where debati this issue. It seems more productive to pick and observe the oxide. In this matter I think I'm fighting pretty good x)! apart from the phosphatized I do not usually leave any rust residue in the piece I work with (which I completely work on so that one does not go around the branches) what I usually miss are photos, and that is because more than two I have no cell phone and only when my brother comes to see me (since I work at home) I take out some. That you do not see the reality does not mean that it does not exist even though I write down your advice (I know it is what is done 90% of the time) but if I had done it, that wonder that I have on floors would have been spoiled .. ..
    Regarding the second section! You're right. With time one realizes that he can not do everything at 100% alone (nor has it ever been the intention, considering that birth of knowledge 0). "I will need help from a planter or the sculptor from Germany who made the painting with which you paint the black stripe of the logo on the back of porsche". And in that I am! Let see if a friend throws me a cable with some solders! And let me see if another one gives me a hand with the engine! (all those stories will be with me and I speak of learning) although as many as the flares, painting etc I hope they go hand in hand with a professional.
    Regarding doing it a second time, it is not something that bothers me or that makes me have a bad drink. Having the car, the time and having the eye to see the point where a "restored" rust is really reborn in the car. For now, as I mentioned before I think it would do more damage a sandblasting (after all we know what it is in spite of the different materials) what I can assure you is that the oxidation you name will not get worse in any of the cases since the car according to some expert porschista was dust and for now I think that part of it has been fixed.
    Finally, it is what I am doing, although sometimes I try to kill time learning other things what I am trying / in the times that I have / is to rid the car of the rust that I had, the most important and fun was the part lead. The back part once encouraged me to remove the moon I will try to make it a professional !! and to finish !! Thanks for the comment!! .-. It encourages me to keep my head in order and remind me of the products I use for cleaning!
    deoxidante del Leroy € 5
    household degreaser 3 €
    Scrotch scoxxxx (no food remains please) € 2
    brchas (from leroy of course) € 3
    The protective gloves are going to taste but the mask is today and my lungs sacred 20 €
    Happiness and time (what you think is worth your time) xx.xxx €

finally, I'll be happy to follow you once you get your business, surely learn a lot from someone who has already dealt with other classics before ...!
    Greetings from the Canaries y saludos al foro español!

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-05-31 at 20.02.53 (1).jpg
Views: 397
Size:  127.5 KB

+

I had to cut the screws that held the grid. The lower ones came out easily but the three above were difficult to unscrew. Due to the time the nuts had been "welded" to the pin but having a minimum of movement. This caused that when it turned the key, it rotated the whole set. I have been more than two afternoons foolishly with this matter! Trying to catch them like outside but the place is of quite difficult access and did not want to put any tool that could harm this piece. Today I encouraged to cut the pins and the set of nuts and with a pair of pliers I was able to remove it without any more damage than the loss of the nuts.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-18 at 19.38.17 (2).jpg
Views: 417
Size:  88.0 KB
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-18 at 20.07.21.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  64.4 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-18 at 20.07.20.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  53.6 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-18 at 20.07.19 (3).jpg
Views: 415
Size:  65.0 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-18 at 20.07.19 (2).jpg
Views: 399
Size:  54.0 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-18 at 20.07.18 (2).jpg
Views: 402
Size:  54.9 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-18 at 19.38.17.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  110.1 KB

From that rusty corner, take out a newspaper ball! I still have to look if it is in Spanish or German and I keep it in a box and there it is ...!
    +
    Name:  DSC_1087.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  90.3 KBName:  DSC_1097.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  93.0 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 10-06-2018 at 12:02 PM.

watching the video makes me think :
    A:you have to much time to waste...
    and
    B: you must be a dentist

buy a propper handle drill and a box of Scotch-Brite Roloc Coating Removal Discs---you will see,it`s magic .

BTW i enjoy your thread.

I'm not a dentist, I'm a pathologist. something similar ! I wanted to remove the pores and the drill that I have with the brush of puas seemed quite aggressive so I decided to finish the pores with the small tool! Regarding Scotoc-Brite Roloc is not the first time that they recommend it to me and sooner or later I will have to buy it but I am not very fond of the dust of the 3/4 layers of paint that the car has! I understand that it is only to lift the paint etc and leave the sheet healthy without making so much heat! But I think that my lungs and the filters of the mask do not give for more !! The next job I have is to finish stripping the hood and it would be a good time to test what you say in the home garden! everything will be seen and thank you very much Moito! For me it is a pride that people who value their cars follow (my chapuzillas) and encourage me to continue day by day with the thread and to encourage each time to do a little more !! If you have any more appreciation about the videos I will be happy to hear them! (in some points I had to dig deep to get the pores) so nothing else.
    By the way, cheer me up and finish undocking the air conditioner box behr. It had a screw in the same conditions as the grid. Finish by cutting it and tomorrow it will touch clean! I could see some rust on the interior / bottom part of the windshield (the one repaired with glass fiber) would touch and examine that area. Tomorrow if I look forward to work on it and upload a picture!

+

I've seen that welding

+

Name:  DSC_1049.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  98.6 KB
    Name:  DSC_1063.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  65.0 KBName:  DSC_1053.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  84.1 KB

it's broken ... someday, it's soldering.
    Last edited by _gonbau; 09-20-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-21 at 10.44.27 (1).jpg
Views: 343
Size:  84.8 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-21 at 10.44.26.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  67.0 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-21 at 10.44.24.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  79.3 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-21 at 12.16.40.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  67.7 KB

7 cm long by 8 wide. These are the measurements of the wheel arches in my car. And in the ST? What measures were?

Name:  DSC_1042.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  96.8 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-21 at 12.18.50 (1).jpg
Views: 327
Size:  73.3 KB

+

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-18 at 20.07.20.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  53.6 KB
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-23 at 12.57.09.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  107.7 KB
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-23 at 12.57.07.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  64.6 KB

We have to work hard on the flap that unites the parts. Too much rust in between (I guess the water would be stored somehow there for a long period of time.) I take this and ask. Porsche never thought of making drains that would drain faster? to that it must be only holes the size of a screw
    Last edited by _gonbau; 09-23-2018 at 04:14 AM.

I have not managed to disarm the window. I know that it would be necessary to lower it halfway to be able to work with it but given my inexperience and not having a battery and I had to encourage myself to do it this way. The pin that holds the window revolves with the nut and I can not think of how to loosen it so what I did was to disassemble the frame holding the glass on top (Since it has a lot of play and can and is sure to break if you let it dance regueton ). I needed the help of one more person for as long as I removed the frame they would hold the window. He has put a rag in front and another behind to "fix" and not dance so much during work. The idea was to remove the old transparent epoxy and oxide converter for sanding, phosphatizing and priming. Now only the putty and the bottom will be missing! or that, according to what I'm learning.
    Greetings to all!Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-23 at 12.57.02.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  60.3 KB

Originally, what color was the arm that supports the rear wiper motor? Silver? The color of the body? Until now it was painted red and now it is printed in white. I do not know what else to do, if I give the aluminum I gave the alternator or wait to paint it in its color!
    Last edited by _gonbau; 09-24-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Jaguar worked its headlights in this way?

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-18 at 12.27.10.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  54.6 KB

presumably this is what happens to our engine as said by the "mechanic" without seeing it. To say for the noise that would be in the certainty that it could be since my father described the noise as metal and with each return of the engine. Despite this and the loss of oil pressure the engine was running. The problem? ... The oil pump causes the loss of pressure and this in turn the touch of the bearings? or vice versa? The egg or the chicken
    +

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-09-25 at 21.55.25.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  40.4 KB

the external plate needs to be polished.

+

I miss those chrome in the headlights, and that complete composition!
    Time to time!!

Name:  porsche sie.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  139.9 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 09-26-2018 at 04:23 AM.