Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1976 930 turbo restoration

1976 930 turbo restoration

As you can see car is almost ready for paint job and interior restoration.Few days ago I received COA from Porsche and thats where all my problems started.Nothing except VIN number is matching with certificate.

1. Color of the car
    certificate silver metallic Z2 - tag on the Porsche 700-9-2 (there is no sign of silver color on the car)

IMG_9295.jpg
    IMG_9306.jpg

2. Interior color certificate black leather 66 - color of the car interior mystery (here are some photos of interior,we realized that interior was dyed in black,some of the parts.Dash and upper front door trims were dark brown,pillars cork everything else black)

IMG_5228.jpg
    IMG_5234.jpg
    IMG_5237.jpg
    IMG_5238.jpg
    IMG_5239.jpg

3. Engine number does not match the number on the certificate,only the vin number is the same

IMG_9294.jpg
    IMG_9301.jpg
    IMG_9302.jpg

My questions are
    Is there any explanation for something like this
    Should I continue with restoration
    What color I should paint the car
    What color I should do interior

Interesting - COA's are wrong all the time, it looks like there is enough evidence that car was originally black. I would call PCNA and have them up fix COA and issue new one. The VIN is interesting as all my books show 76 930 production ending at 644, I'll keep digging. The motor is from a 78 - that's unfortunate, can you pull the engine type # off of case should be a 930/60. I'd also go look up serial number on turbo 3.0 registry to see if there is any information.

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Quote Originally Posted by pu911rsr View Post
    Interesting - COA's are wrong all the time, it looks like there is enough evidence that car was originally black. I would call PCNA and have them up fix COA and issue new one. The VIN is interesting as all my books show 76 930 production ending at 644, I'll keep digging. The motor is from a 78 - that's unfortunate, can you pull the engine type # off of case should be a 930/60. I'd also go look up serial number on turbo 3.0 registry to see if there is any information.

Phil
    So engine is 78,I didnt know that either. Here is couple of photos from the engine

IMG_6381.jpg
    IMG_6784.jpg
    IMG_6786.jpg
    IMG_6787.jpg
    IMG_6791.jpg
    IMG_6893.jpg
    IMG_6899.jpg

The body chassis number stamp looks good. The Aluminum tag stamp would have me worried.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bauer View Post
    The body chassis number stamp looks good. The Aluminum tag stamp would have me worried.
    This One?

IMG_4283.jpg

remove your under the dash knee pad and check what the production number is. If that rhymes w/ your VIN than go further?

BTW for cars this "new" your dealer can probably access the Porsche information system which contains the production number (and VIN, and options, etc).

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Ok I will do that on monday.Thank you. If you find out any other informations about this car let me know

Quote Originally Posted by sleepersd View Post
    This One?
    this one:image.jpeg

The last three digits of the chassis number (661) look overstamped.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bauer View Post
    this one:image.jpeg

The last three digits of the chassis number (661) look overstamped.

I also have this two tags

IMG_1796.jpg
    IMG_1886.jpg

one of the swiss board members might be able to contact AMAG for you for more information.

R
    searching for engine (case) 903742