Thread: SCAMMER ALERT!! Tom Green - gtom2902@gmail.com

SCAMMER ALERT!! Tom Green - gtom2902@gmail.com

gtom2902@gmail.com is trolling the WTB ads. The email is listed on Pelican and other forums as a scammer. Registered here as "ludwig." Goes by Tom Green.

Now off the board............ thanks for the head's-up
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hoping Michael will post the rest of the story. Key learning...if any seller asks a buyer to send money by Moneygram, Western Union or the like...DON'T.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

It's incredible the quantity of Porsche parts squirreled in Nigeria!
    Who would have believed it?

Had the same experience with a WTB add here. THe guy was working in oil&gas was living in UK but only had a Nigeria phone #.
    He couldn't receive Paypal payments since his account was on hold, and he couldn't send pics because he had just broke his camera, and he couldn't talk over thr phone because his granmother had been hit by a meteorit, which had subsequently resurected some dinosaur, which, of course had devastated all the phone network, and because of the very close end of the world...

Well, you got it.

Western union and moneygram are to be strictly avoided!

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    It's incredible the quantity of Porsche parts squirreled in Nigeria!
    Who would have believed it?

I guess mud and raffia finds will soon supplant barn finds.

Name:  vllkyt2grj3vmacvi.4f4aac89.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  139.3 KB
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

I wanted to report on the incident. I was the one involved with "ludwig" and the end consequences are still dogging me. My interaction with him has caused me to be shut out of the 911Registry for mysterious reasons (registry servers won't recognize my 10 year old email and username - member #708) and I've had to start anew with a fresh username to be able to post this. I can't help but think that ludwig retaliated when I exposed him by by compromising my email address on this forum as well as other forums I frequent. Don't ask me how.

The incident happened when I posted a WTB ad. I was PM-ing with a registry member by name of John when ludwig sent me a PM saying he had the item to sell and signed it John. I got confused and checked "John" out, saw that he was a long time board member and engaged on the transaction. John said he could only take payment by Moneygram at CVS, but given John's history on the board, I figured it should be fine. Problem was that John was not ludwig. Only later did I realize that ludwig had only registered a few days before and he was a scammer. I ran his email address on Google and there were multiple alerts on him. (Surprising that he gave me the name of his "wife" in Davison, MI but I guess somebody had to pick up the cash with an ID.) Fortunately I figured it out before it was too late. I nearly got seriously duped. But fault was my own for not being extra careful when posting a WTB ad.

I only hope that I can get my original user name back so I don't have to start over as a junior member.

i had one this morning from a WTB add. 911olive. No previous posts. He invited me to click on his link to see the 68S engine case but i told him i don't like clicking...!
    I asked him to send me a picture of said case with a banana hanging from his ass. Suffice to say he can't receive PM's What a shame. Arsehole.

Perthporsche
    Thanks Chuck as he tried to scam me Had some fun with him and he gave up but I can see how easy it is to get taken in Great job mate

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    i had one this morning from a WTB add. 911olive. No previous posts. He invited me to click on his link to see the 68S engine case but i told him i don't like clicking...!
    I asked him to send me a picture of said case with a banana hanging from his ass. Suffice to say he can't receive PM's What a shame. Arsehole.
    I too got an offer from 911olive, totally generic: 'i have your part.' Instantly deleted.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute