Porsche factory Stuttgart

Name:  40E00187-97AF-4D43-844F-CC2F0CCEB107.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  120.1 KB
    Former owned
    1967 911 rally B Waldegård/L Helmér B 34880
    1967 911 rally B Waldegård/L Helmér B 79072
    1968 911L rally Å Andersson/S-O Svedberg BB 4300

My old Porsche 356 over the years. http://www.porsche356klubb.se/forum/...php?f=11&t=294

Old 912 Rally cars http://www.912bbs.org/vb/showthread....sports-History

If anybody out there knows of an original Matra VW 400 hydraulic press please let me now. I would love to have one

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas lundeval View Post
    Photo from Stuttgart. It is not 1969, but 1972-73. Photo Gert Kaiser.

Attachment 437735

I had fun researching what this car could be. This photo was taken after November 1, 1972, so by cross-referencing, I suspect this car is #0760 (9113600760).

If anyone has more information on this car (on the picture), or an idea of what's written on the roof of the car, please let me know !
    searching gearbox 771 XXXX

searching engine 6320659
    searching gearbox 7323639

I'm a photographer too instagram.com/unproshot

I am not sure if it is #0760 or #1099 of Juan Carlos Bolanos

I have been leaning to #1099 mainly because that car was running with Goodyear sponsorship at the 1973 ADAC Nurburgring 1000kms and that photo was supposedly taken around that time and has prominent Goodyear decals

Also this photo from the 1973 Nurburgring seems to show the start of that black sign writing on the roof

Name:  60.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  80.9 KB
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

That's a good argument.

1973 ADAC Nurburgring 1000kms happend on May 27, 1973, and on porsche-register website, we can see that both production date match with this race.

0760 came out in February and 1099 came out in April.

Goodyear sticker changed my mind, so I believe now its 1099 too.
    searching gearbox 771 XXXX

searching engine 6320659
    searching gearbox 7323639

I'm a photographer too instagram.com/unproshot

When I took the factory tour in June 1970 I did a right seat ride on Porschestrasse in a new 911. As part of the tour, we watched the new cars exit at the mid point of the factory (where they filled them with oil and gasoline). The guy beginning the test drive turned to me and said: "want to go for a ride"? I said yes, and off we went The thing that impressed me the most was the section of very rough pavement right outside the door that they used to flex the suspension and check for squeaks. A very memorable day that included a conversation with the Director of North American marketing. He had picture of the Gemini 2 capsule autographed by one of the Gemini 2 astronauts. I still have the factory calendar that he gave me.

Caproader, member #322

Quote Originally Posted by caproader View Post
    When I took the factory tour in June 1970 I did a right seat ride on Porschestrasse in a new 911. As part of the tour, we watched the new cars exit at the mid point of the factory (where they filled them with oil and gasoline). The guy beginning the test drive turned to me and said: "want to go for a ride"? I said yes, and off we went The thing that impressed me the most was the section of very rough pavement right outside the door that they used to flex the suspension and check for squeaks. A very memorable day that included a conversation with the Director of North American marketing. He had picture of the Gemini 2 capsule autographed by one of the Gemini 2 astronauts. I still have the factory calendar that he gave me.

Caproader, member #322
    This would be a great story for The ESSES…
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I could write the story, but I can not find any of the pictures. including the picture of me outside the bar across the street dressed plaid bell bottoms and buckle shoes.

John