Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Location vin plate 911 BY65 MY66 latch panel or not?

303366 VIN plate on latch panel

Hi Dan,

Nice to meet you!
    Always interested in sharing some details to help us both with the restoration.
    Since our cars or only 180 cars between.

If I understand you well, your latchpanel has the indentations on the driverside.
    And how is it on the passenger side? Is this flat or does it also have the indentations?
    If possible please send some pictures to michaelwinters4@hotmail.com

Where are you from?
    I am from Belgium.

If you email me we can share our kardex if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by danwiniger View Post
    Michael,

I am in the same position now. I have 303201 and my slam panel has the indentations on the right side. I am almost positive that it is correct. My vehicle had shown some damage on the left side that was poorly repaired, but the left side appears to have the original factory spot welds holding the latch panel to the inner fender. After reading your thread today, I will inspect it again for evidence of replacement. I am also ready to replace this piece.

Michael,

I am in the US. Here is what mine looks like.

Dan

Name:  1-3-2017 1-59-06 PM.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  78.1 KB

I think I agree with davep when he states the latch panel changed around 303366. That leaves the question, how to replace mine. I need the early one...... RD in Canada is selling theirs for $888. ASSE has them for $6oo something....(are these made by RD?). Can buy one of the later latch panels, and reuse my ribs on my latch panel? (i.e. cut and weld them in?).

I'd like to save $500.....????

Here is the later latch panel:
    Name:  1-3-2017 2-06-23 PM.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  124.3 KB

Hi Michael , I will be taking pictures on the 10 th January , but I can confirm that 303404 has it's VIN Tag on the front panel ( Bonnet slam panel )

Cheers
    Garry

Garry,

Perfect!
    Thanks a lot!

I can help you with my information that I have uptil know.
    So I will set in my spreadsheet that 303404 has the flat latchpanel with the vin plate on latch panel.
    Also wondering if the card also had 2 screw horn grills or 4?
    Because it could be there was a transition zone from 4 screws to 2 screw with a flat latchpanel (don't know) but could be.

Quote Originally Posted by GarryD View Post
    Hi Michael , I will be taking pictures on the 10 th January , but I can confirm that 303404 has it's VIN Tag on the front panel ( Bonnet slam panel )

Cheers
    Garry

Does someone has a picture of the frontside and backside of a original flat latchpanel for vin plate on it?
    Would like to see the details of the parts that connects to the 2 ribbons on the driver side.
    So that we can look for the correct one or adjust factory replacement part.
    Just to see if the details of such a gap of the replacement part is the same as original

Here you can see a factory replacement part sold by aasesales.
    You can see that metal part for adaption the rubber strip on it, has 4 gaps to be aligned with the ribbons.
    Only in real there only has to be 2, aligned with the 2 ribbons on the drivers side.

Name:  Schermafbeelding 2017-01-08 om 10.51.24.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  46.7 KB