Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Brexit Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Morrissey View Post
    I don't know you... I'm sure if we met in person we'd be fast friends . ...but geez ...attacking our moderators isn't the way to go here.
    ??!!??

When did I ever attack the moderators?

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Meanwhile --- Back in The Marketplace . . .

'. . . The U.K.'s referendum to leave the European Union was a costly decision in more ways than one.

Worldwide markets hemorrhaged more than $2 trillion in paper wealth on Friday, according to data from S&P Global, the worst on record. For context, that figure eclipsed the whipsaw trading sessions of the 2008 financial crisis, according to S&P analyst Howard Silverblatt.

The prior one day sell-off record was $1.9 trillion back in September of 2008, Silverblatt noted. According to S&P's Broad Market Index, combined market capitalization is currently worth nearly $42 trillion . . .
    '

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/26/brexi...863&yptr=yahoo

'. . . a trillion here, a trillion there . . .

Hey --- wanna buy a Porsche?
    '

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    My brother in Houston is a staunch right winger and I refuse to talk to him about politics any longer.
    Your brother sounds like a very wise man.

member #1515
    Although I am sure Live will surely reveal that it is a left wing media fabrication, this was a non binding resolution. There is a reason that we have a representative democracy and the brits a parliamentary system, to protect us from ourselves. Deliberative bodies who we have entrusted to lead, and make informed decisions, in the best interest of our countries.
    Send them all a copy of "Profiles in Courage" may they grow some testicular appendages to save their country. Forget the EU, if Scotland leaves and Northern Ireland joins Ireland, what will be left? They are the 5th largest economy, but that is because they are currently part of the EU. If they leave they will surely drop.
    Cameron made a colossal blunder, never ask a question that you don't know the answer to, that is what attorneys say.
    I dont deny that people have a right to be upset, but this is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    Although I am sure Live will surely reveal that it is a left wing media fabrication...
    Typical. Snark and sarcasm in response to my honest, factual, and extraordinarily detailed examples.

Boring.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    ??!!??

When did I ever attack the moderators?
    Somewhere in here I thought you said "lib-mods" which I Interpreted as a slam ...if I'm wrong I apologize
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Your brother sounds like a very wise man.
    He's a "Moron"
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

So now that UK is out, they are gonna have to negotiate with the Germans...who are in a position of strength......Good luck with that...Financial Blitzkreig

Somewhere in here I thought you said "lib-mods" which I Interpreted as a slam ...if I'm wrong I apologize
    Oh, gosh. Not at all. I don't consider the word "liberal" an insult. I know many principled and honorable liberals. Misguided maybe, but certainly principled and honorable.

I was only stating a fact. You don't have to be around here for very long to realize that the owners/moderators run this place from a left-leaning point of view. And, as much as it may irk me from time to time, I fully support that decision and applaud them for running this place- their place - as they see fit. Anything less would make me a hypocrite.

So I'm not going to demand they accommodate me and my point of view. I'm not going to accuse them of microaggressions or of hurting my feelings. I'm not going to start a protest, stage a sit-in, or incite a riot. I'll just remind myself that the owners here are doing what they wish with what is theirs and, if I ever decide to, I'll move along and exercise my right to spend my time and energy in a place more to my liking.