Thread: Ignition coil required

Ignition coil required

Anyone out there in Southern Ontario with an (short black OE coil, part # 0.221.121.001 in good working order that they are willing to part with. Appreciate any assistance .Thanks
    Terry

THanks for everyones assistance , decided to buy a new one from Parts Klassiks.
    Terry

please share your experience with the Repro Ignition coil.

Good day Dirk, I have purchased a coil from Parts KlassiK but have not installed it as yet. Everyone I have talked to speaks very highly about the product and they were very good to deal with. The color of the coil tower appears to be off a little but far closer than the supposed OE coil by Bosch. The OE coils from Porsche /Bosch are made in Brazil and are apparently Junk!!! The new one I initially received from the dealer appeared to be used so I refused it. Not what you would expect from Porsche for nearly $500.
    Will try and install it over the next couple of weeks and report back . How are things in Stuttgart ? it is a very nice city.
    Terry

Hi Terry,

everthings fine in Stuttgart. Back from Holidays at Berlin+baltic sea.

Yes, the actual Bosch made in Brazil coils are of not that good quality. Porsche AG is also interested in the problems and if you have bought directly at Porsche they offer me a free change here in Stuttgart.

I bought 3 coils # 0.221.121.001 and will test them next week with a refurbished HKZ. Hope one of them will work properly.

Cheers

Dirk
    Last edited by dirk07; 09-09-2016 at 01:07 AM.

Hi Dirk, installed the Parts Klassik's coil and went for a ride yesterday , so far so good. Coil looks very original and performed as expected. Prior to purchase I had consulted Joe Mayo who spoke very highly of the product and their price was much better than OE. Good Luck with your search .
    Terry

No issues with these coils. They work and they work well.

Kurt (Partsklassik)also stands behind his products.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111