Thread: Early911SRegistry/RGruppe Coffee and Doughnutfest Sat July 2

Early911SRegistry/RGruppe Coffee and Doughnutfest Sat July 2

It is on! I wasn't going to do this in July but I got overruled by John and his band of helpers. I probably won't be here as I will be headed to the airport to get on a plane for a family reunion in Florida. We are expecting a nice turnout and all are welcome, as usual. Have a great 4th and I'll see you in August.

Regards

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It was a great Saturday meeting. Cool, overcast morning providied a most welcome and refreshing change from the hot weather beating we've been getting lately. Jim just couldn't stay away and on the way to the airport did show up for a short while after the sun came out to check and just shake his head in disbelief at the attendance on a hoiliday weekend.

It seems the core members of the NorCal Porsche community come for the sheer joy of it, to drive their cars, revel in the companionship of like-minded friends and to just get out of the house to engage in something everyone who tooke the time to show up seemd to be very happy about.

I'm acutely aware that some of the photos posted below show cars we've all seen before, but these ar all cherished, good and interesting cars, and we can concentrate on the details. Every once in a while an old member or a newbie shows up with a sensational new project and the cycle starts all over.

Thanks for looking, and I hope everyone has an enjoyable Independence Day weekend.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

This month's chronicle starts out with a vista of Harlan Street and ends with the front of the EASY building at about 7:45 AM.

The brown car is not Sepia Brown, rather "Bitter Chocolate", with the owner in the middle of a protracted effort to lightening the car, with 150 pounds being removed so far - sunroof delete, polycarb. rear window, undercoating, rear seats, etc.

JZG
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 07-03-2016 at 07:08 PM.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Next set.

The white car is Rich Sutliff's 'Wide Body' with John Esposito's usual, incredible body / metal work and paint, a temporary motor while awaiting a new RS spec 2.7 - alignement & ride height remain to be done and are next.

...............and they just keep coming.

JZG

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."

That Bitter Chocolate car trips my trigger!

Thanks, Rick............but wait, there's more.

The brown metallic Ferrari, the controversial 365 GTC/4, made its first ever appearance at EASY. Don't want to start a war, but many on this forum have declared it ugly, whereas I think it's a quite attractive design with infinitely greater visibility and 'accessabilty' than the heavy, truck-like Dayrona which it essentially replaced. Admittedly a little less horsepower, but more mid-range torque, far smoother and tractable and a true, classic Grand Tourer for two people on interesting roads, not the last-throes-of-an-era type of desperate emergency band-aid to stave off the onslaught of the mid-engined era, the role Enzo envisioned for the 'Daytona".

Note: I noticed that I had duplicated an image, specifically, the front view of the white RS America - now removed and substituted by an image of the Ferrari's engine compartment ( image #9 ). Essentially a Daytona engine with slightly lower compression, different cams and sidedraft Webers instead of the more temperamental and higher-revving V-12 in the 365 GTB. The RS image appears a couple of posts further down..............sorry.

Some details of John Eiskamp's magnificent '58 "Speedster Orange" painted 912 with 2-liter motor. I personally haven't seen any better 912s...ever, anywhere...........and he drives it regularly.
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 07-03-2016 at 04:27 PM.

John, thanks for chronicling Saturday's event at EASY. Great cars and great visiting...and as usual...you captured it all with great pictures!
    R.

A couple more sets.

Image #1 shows the state of things in full swing at around 9:30.

Images #4 & 5 are of an RS Touring car which has beenm showing up regularly at Canepa's, the Wine Country Classic weekend and now at EASY..........Serial # 1219. I'll try to get more info abouthe Who, what, where and When mext time I see the car & owner.

.....and the final set for the July EASY Saturday morning feast.

Images #9 & 10 merely show that some of us took the obligatory stroll to Fantasy Junction to round out the morning.

JZG

Missed you guys yesterday... got 1/2 way up the hill from my house and
    off idle car was running like crap... back to the garage.
    Blew out idle jets, re-balanced idle speed/flow. Found my hand throttle not working well enough
    to do the off idle balance, so fixed that, next thing I know it's 11. Damn.
    Did go for a drive, cars dialed in now. Stopped by my old high school and snapped a shot or two in front of the old auto shop. Lots o memories there!
    911S registry #1103
    R-Gruppe #513
    1967 912 converted to 2.2
    Period Dune Buggy

Some drive Porsches' to be seen.....
    I prefer it when nobodys looking.