Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Owner of a 67 911 Looking for Good Body Guy in Phoenix Area

New Owner of a 67 911 Looking for Good Body Guy in Phoenix Area

I recently bought this 67 911 and it needs surgery. The floors were replaced with flat sheet metal, the quarters need flares removed and there are other areas that need some work. I'm looking for a reliable person/shop in the Phoenix area that is not crazy on prices and will get it done in a timely manner. Any suggestions appreciated, feel free to post here or send me a PM. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I would contact Patrick Motorsports or Deluxe Customs. Both have Celette benches. I can't comment on prices for either but will add that it's not what a shop charges per hour that matters, it's what they do in that time. Good luck.

Cheers,
    Nick

Wow! I grew up in the Midwest and this floor picture scares me. I wonder what surprises are hidden under that Sanford and Son sheet metal job. DEEP pockets will be required.

The picture of that floor could start a new thread...................... "I fixed it!"

Regards

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by NTW View Post
    I would contact Patrick Motorsports or Deluxe Customs. Both have Celette benches. I can't comment on prices for either but will add that it's not what a shop charges per hour that matters, it's what they do in that time. Good luck.

Cheers,
    Nick
    Thanks for the info. I have already called Patrick and may take the car over there when I get it in drivable condition. I have heard Deluxe does good work as well but are pretty booked up for a long time. I'm more interested in finding a person or shop that does good work and can get my car in and out in a reasonable time (couple months or less).

Deluxe is where the party is...

Talk to lots ( and lots) of local Porsche owners and I encourage you not to hurry. If a good body shop does not have a waiting line in the summer there is probably a reason. Whoever you choose is not going to be able to fix this up quickly anyway.
    Good Luck!

a couple of months is a completely unrealistic expectation. I would be surprised to see it done in a couple of years based on my experience. And the advice on using a place with a Celette is very wise.
    Chuck

Early 911S registry #380
    '70S
    '75S
    '96 C4S
    '65 R69S

Quote Originally Posted by csbush View Post
    a couple of months is a completely unrealistic expectation. I would be surprised to see it done in a couple of years based on my experience. And the advice on using a place with a Celette is very wise.
    When I said a couple of months I was referring to just the floors and quarters. When I lived in WY I had a guy that would only take on one job at a time and that's all he worked on. To do a complete resto on this car would probably take him 6 months or less. He did very good driver quality work and was very reasonable. Unfortunately he retired and I moved to AZ. I refuse to drop off a car, write a blank check and then wait 2 years or more. I know that's the way the body shops want to do it, I've seen too many people get soaked. I'm not looking for concours work as I plan to drive the car a lot and enjoy it. I'm sure there are many guys in the valley here that are like the guy I had in WY I just need to find one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spb350 View Post
    I'm sure there are many guys in the valley here that are like the guy I had in WY I just need to find one.
    No. There are not.

But I am curious why you think there are?