Thread: Vintage Momo Prototipo

Vintage Momo Prototipo

See photos. It is pre-date code production. Early 70's. It seems to be 355mm, so not sure to call it 350 or 360.

Stunning condition, awesome patina.

Asking $950 for it (EDIT - PRICE DROP TO 750). Don't have a hub nor a horn button, but it will obviously fit any Momo pattern hub (or any Nardi hub with an adapter).

Thanks folks! Happy new year.

20170107_135931.jpg20170107_135944.jpg20170107_140001.jpg20170107_140004.jpg20170107_140006.jpg
    Last edited by brickless; 01-27-2017 at 07:34 AM. Reason: wrong price
    Rob

Very nice wheel, do you have a shot of the back, is it square stitch?

Quote Originally Posted by 9er View Post
    Very nice wheel, do you have a shot of the back, is it square stitch?
    I will post more photos later but to answer your question this wheel does not have the square stitch.
    Rob

What's the significance of the square stitch?
    ESR # 3177

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtyseven911 View Post
    What's the significance of the square stitch?
    Honestly, I can't say for sure. I've seen some early Ferrari wheels with it (well, Momo that were fitted to Ferrari) and I've also seen a later, dated 70's wheel/early 80's wheel with the square stitch - at least one. The wheel offered here is certainly pre-date coded, which I will illustrate with a photo when I'm back with the wheel.

Someone else may chime in with the facts, but is that clear as mud?
    Rob

Finally snapped a photo...

Here you go. Backside.

IMG_4232.jpg
    Rob

Big price drop, still for sale. *EDIT, SOLD*
    Last edited by brickless; 02-02-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    Rob