Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Tachometer for 1968 Porsche 912 (Excellent Working Condition)

Smile WTB: Tachometer for 1968 Porsche 912 (Excellent Working Condition)

Want to Buy in Excellent Working Condition a Tachometer for 1968 Porsche 912. Reasonable Prices Only Considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
    Want to Buy in Excellent Working Condition a Tachometer for 1968 Porsche 912. Reasonable Prices Only Considered.
    Please define "reasonable".
    You can have the pick of the litter if your definition of "reasonable" is in line with mine.
    No extra charge for the 30 year accumulation of dust

Regards

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

"reasonable" .... euphemism for "cheap"
    84102 purchased in '85 FINALLY started driving it (2/2015)
    '73 911T original paint sunroof coupe waiting in the wings
    3 gauge Holbert 912... now for something completely different
    1940 Mercury town sedan

Quote Originally Posted by typ901 View Post
    "reasonable" .... euphemism for "cheap"
    Yup, that is it's usual meaning. In this case, though, cheap is right in my wheel house.
    How many 68 912 tachs does one person really need? They aren't exactly the fastest moving item in my inventory.
    I'm sure that I can dig up a dozen more of the things, but I don't want to play my whole hand just yet.

Ciao

Jim

Holy cow! Look what happened over night.
    Leave a small batch of 68 912 tachs together over night and they multiply.
    I wish 911 3.0 engines would do the same thing.

Ciao

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow Jim,

U certainly are a Connoiseur of Old Porsche 912 Tachometers.

Not to Burst Your Bubble, but I purchased a unit online EBAY for $100. this AM.

If it is Non-Functional, I will return it and give U a shot !

Best regards
    Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
    Wow Jim,

U certainly are a Connoiseur of Old Porsche 912 Tachometers.

Not to Burst Your Bubble, but I purchased a unit online EBAY for $100. this AM.

If it is Non-Functional, I will return it and give U a shot !

Best regards
    Marvel
    Bust my bubble?
    No, you made my day!
    I'm sure you think that paying $100.00 for a "sale proof" part is a "Reasonable" thing to do.
    I have to disagree.
    The only reason I have so many of them is because they are virtually bullet proof and nobody ever wants one. Every one of those tachs represents a 68 912 that I have cut up for parts. It seems like the very last part left on a 68 912 is the tach when every other salvageable part has been sold.
    I would have sold you 3 of them for $100.00, by the way.
    You probably don't need it anyway as you probably have a wiring issue.
    Oh yea, I've got a question for you.
    What got you kicked out of RGruppe?

Warmest Regards

Jim
    RGruppe Clubhouse Custodian
    RGruppe #38

Thanks for the dump on long-term viability of my Tach. Nothing wrong w/ existing Tach. but thought I might like to have a "Spare" in my parts bank.
    Never got 'Kicked Out" but I was living in Seattle Area and owned a '72 911S, w/sunroof, leather factory recaro seats, gemini-blue metallic, etc..
    I made a sudden decision to take an Early Retirement to Fishing/Hunting Cabin in SW Montana after a close friend's untimely death. Limited garage space prompted me to Sell the 911S, "unfortunate timing" but maxed out the Home Sale w/ view of Puget Sound. So, after watching an episode of Wayne Carini in 2008, I got the urge for a SWB 911/912.
    My Mechanic in Seattle "John Walker" kept an open-eye out and put me onto this Restored 912 a few months later. Have owned 912 since 2009, Red w/ Tan interior, cherry wood veneer dash, 1720 cc w/ Magnetics, Compu-Fire, etc. I guess about 110-115 HP. Since I live along 2 lane blacktop river road w/ twisties, Elk, Deer, Sheep, Bears, Moose, etc. and 25 miles into town the 912 is a "great choice". Do I miss the 911S, on occasion, but not that much except I would like the sunroof option. I just stopped subscription to R-Gruppe when I sold the 911S, which was later flipped by "Soterik" to a Bay Area Owner. Hope that answers your questions ?
    Regards,
    Marvel in Bitterroot Valley, MT
    P.S. Send your email address and I'll send some pix.

Marvel

I was just "busting your chops". I was right about you not needing a tach, too. There are a few non owners of a "RGruppe car" in the RGruppe including the founder, who was interviewed by Wayne Carini in front of my shop in 2011. Sorry to hear of your friend's early demise. I've probably seen your old 911 as most of them seem to congregate around my place when we put out doughnuts and coffee on the 1st Saturday of every month. Would love to see pictures of your old car and if you are ever in the Bay Area on the 1st Saturday of every month, please stop by sand say Hi.

Regards

Jim

Jim,
    I did not realize that U were "EASY". We lived in SF, 1977-1996 (Miraloma Park area of SF on MT Davidson) until my job relocated to SEA.
    Would U know if the R-Gruppe (Chris) would consider a Retread w/ Hot 912 ???
    I just drive the 912 Apr-Nov until the snow flies.
    Marvel, retired in MT
    BTW/ what is Ur email address for photos ?