Thread: For the fashionistas

For the fashionistas

Picture in New York Time special section today. Is it a 912 or a 911? Could be a '67 or a '68 if ROW (no side markers). Anybody know the car? Could Mr. Lauren own such a lowly car as a Porsche. Hard to imagine next to Bugatti. Interesting ski rack. Anybody know its derivation? Not like the last of the Jim's (EASY) racks. Chrome painted painted black?

Name:  Scan0015.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  74.7 KB

member #1515
    one of my favorite ads:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Took the attached photo Which I haven't posted anywhere yet ) of on open front trunk compartment of one of the exhibited cars at the Concours-on-the-Avenue a couple of weeks ago in Carmel - the two bars look exactly like the roof bar with the skis strapped to it that's mounted to the Targa top in the Ralph Lauren advert.

JZG
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

John

I've got one of those and Jim at EASY recently sold a couple. They are Porsche and to my knowledge always chrome. One rack on the Targa bar and one on the drip rail over the front windshield. First time I have seen a setup using rear bumper over riders together with Targa bar and painted black. Later style Porsche issue? Was that a soft window that you saw?

Great pictures of Monterey by the way. Enjoyed every update and sure enhanced my knowledge of cars that I'll never see in person.

Tom
    Last edited by doigthom; 09-12-2016 at 04:20 AM.

That's S rocker deco, no?
    Alan Domme
    Austin, TX
    '68 912 coupe
    '16 VW Golf R
    Early 911S Registry #1361
    912 Registry

Good eyes Alan. Strange no Fuchs. And that S Deco would probably mean a ROW 68 but could be a US "L" model for '68.

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    Good eyes Alan. Strange no Fuchs. And that S Deco would probably mean a ROW 68 but could be a US "L" model for '68.
    I played with the image in Photoshop: it looks like it has snow tires. Quite possibly on a separate set of wheels.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Door handles are 68 and exhaust is 911
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439