Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche Factory Kardex information

I know a member was able to do it with its 64 built 901. He travelled personally to Stuttgart. Dito for owners of important race cars.
    But as I wrote, you need a reason why and most likely they will decline if its just an ordinary request.
    I also know giving out a Kardex by the factory is illegal and thats why we cannot get access.
    That single contact doing it via the registry is working in a grey area.

And now even the COA cannot give matching infos (chassis/engine) anymore to owners, while the amag archive also clears out one important info, to prevent futur forgery w chassisnumbers. I guess all factory policy.
    Registry member No.773

I was just recently thinking about trying to get a copy of a Kardex for my car. From this thread http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-me-Build-date (which I actually commented on) I see that a Kardex existed for 9110101511, so hopefully there's one for 9110101476. Erik, if you can still get Kardexes, please let me know and I'll pony up for one. Thanks.
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

1970 Kardex seem to be quite rare. I have obtained a couple but only after verifying that it actually exists. Several others I was told that they do not exist, even with consecutive VIN's. The problem arises if you do not verify in which case you may get nothing useful for your money.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

So what happens now with a request for a COA?. You give the chassis and engine numbers to the factory and they say " yes those are correct" or "those numbers you gave are not correct" ?
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Hi Eric I need a Kadex for a 1969 912 Targa- 129010240- can you help?
    1967 Porsche 911S Targa Bahama Yellow
    1967 Porsche 912 Targa Golden Green
    1967 Citroen DS21 Decapotable
    1973 Citroen DS23
    1971 Jaguar V12 2+2 Dark Blue
    1978 450SEL 6.9 Euro
    1969 Volvo P1800S

Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
    So what happens now with a request for a COA?. You give the chassis and engine numbers to the factory and they say " yes those are correct" or "those numbers you gave are not correct" ?
    Chris, yes that is essentially it. There is a new form for some German owners where clear photos of all 4 sides of the car, and the various serial #'s to be confirmed are also required. So far my source for Kardex has been quite good, so I hope it stays that way.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Hi Eric - kouwenhoven - can you help with a Kardex for a 1966 912 , my email is reynoldcachia@gmail.com
    Regards,
    Reynold.

I can help until your vin number starts with 911..... that's model year 1970 and I don't have access. 912 and 356 also no problem until 1969.

Please e-mail directly at erik.kouwenhoven-at-kpnplanet.nl

Erik

Thanks, I’ve sent an email to you

HI Erik-- I am getting ready to send for my Kardex. When you send it , is that done by E-mail or a paper copy? Thanks Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue