Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Millennials 2.0

Banned

Millennials 2.0

Here it is. A product of our society on full display.

This little snowflake's parent-aided utopia is about to change.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/14...er-begins.html

I'm laughing because it's like you know just the right buttons to push to trigger my defense of young people.

Frank, two thirds of the millennials in your example seem like regular level-headed young people ready to start the best years of their lives. It's just another reminder that we shouldn't use anecdotal experiences to generalize groups of people.
    Benny and the jets - My '77S Rebuild Adventure

Banned
    I have 2 kids who are Mills; I'm not making a blanket indictment at all.
    I happen to agree with you.

But it's that one third that terrifies me.

BTW: I hope this thread highlights notable examples of the "two thirds". I need the encouragement.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 09-14-2016 at 05:20 AM.

Wooooooooooooooow.

Ashley is a huge bitch.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Wooooooooooooooow.

Ashley is a huge bitch.
    Lol

Marco,
    You've nailed the clinical definition for Ashley.

Will be interesting to see if her last name surfaces. Looking forward to reading her other emails once her account is hacked by the Russians.

As a group mills are probably wonderful, but too much may be expected of them. As "productive members" of society keeps evolving, mills are forced to adapt to whatever new thing is hyped across Universities, and industry in general.

Consider the scene in 'Apollo 13'...of correcting course changes using very low battery power as a metaphor for the future.

Therefore if mills suddenly try to organize a plant that produced steel, they would be thrown off campus. Nevertheless, Facebook got started in the dorm..the ceo's net worth is over 50 billion. Done with very low dc power. Emissions...low also.

Apple, Google, Amazon...lower energy, lower cost, marginal products.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    I have 2 kids who are Mills; I'm not making a blanket indictment at all.
    I happen to agree with you.

But it's that one third that terrifies me.

BTW: I hope this thread highlights notable examples of the "two thirds". I need the encouragement.
    Frank-How did you dispose of the third kid?

Quote Originally Posted by 62S-R-S View Post
    As a group mills are probably wonderful, but too much may be expected of them. As "productive members" of society keeps evolving, mills are forced to adapt to whatever new thing is hyped across Universities, and industry in general.

Consider the scene in 'Apollo 13'...of correcting course changes using very low battery power as a metaphor for the future.

Therefore if mills suddenly try to organize a plant that produced steel, they would be thrown off campus. Nevertheless, Facebook got started in the dorm..the ceo's net worth is over 50 billion. Done with very low dc power. Emissions...low also.

Apple, Google, Amazon...lower energy, lower cost, marginal products.
    Show me a Millennial interested in skilled labor and elbow grease and I'll show you a unicorn.
    -Marco

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Show me a Millennial interested in skilled labor and elbow grease and I'll show you a unicorn.
    Show me a Millennial interested in skilled labor and elbow grease and I'll show you a new hire.

I have a great crew. They are all under the age of 35. Anyone who watches us at the track can attest to their hard work. I don't suffer fools and I won't accept mediocrity. Set the bar high and the successful and motivated will meet it. Keep the bar low and the lazy and entitled will meet that as well. It's up to parents, educational institutions, churches, CEO's, and small business owners to cultivate an environment for success.

(62S-R-S, "expecting too much of them?" Huh? That's laughable. We are all responsible to play the hand we're dealt. Sometimes that's difficult to say the least. Find a self-made, highly successful individual and I'll show you someone who didn't complain about challenges but gained victory when faced with adversity.)

I'm afraid just like the partisan chasm that exists in politics there is also one in regard to how a child is to be raised. Ashly's parents should be put on public trial for raising such an evil B----h. Until she has an abrupt about-face she will be a burden on society. My hope for her is that she gets the mother of all smack downs. Not as punishment but as discipline and chastisement to get her on the path to success.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Show me a Millennial interested in skilled labor and elbow grease and I'll show you a new hire.

I have a great crew. They are all under the age of 35. Anyone who watches us at the track can attest to their hard work. I don't suffer fools and I won't accept mediocrity. Set the bar high and the successful and motivated will meet it. Keep the bar low and the lazy and entitled will meet that as well. It's up to parents, educational institutions, churches, CEO's, and small business owners to cultivate an environment for success.

(62S-R-S, "expecting too much of them?" Huh? That's laughable. We are all responsible to play the hand we're dealt. Sometimes that's difficult to say the least. Find a self-made, highly successful individual and I'll show you someone who didn't complain about challenges but gained victory when faced with adversity.)

I'm afraid just like the partisan chasm that exists in politics there is also one in regard to how a child is to be raised. Ashly's parents should be put on public trial for raising such an evil B----h. Until she has an abrupt about-face she will be a burden on society. My hope for her is that she gets the mother of all smack downs. Not as punishment but as discipline and chastisement to get her on the path to success.
    You didn't hire Milennials, Frank. You hired Gen Y.

While waiting for my coffee last week I met a young girl in her mid-20s who was dressed in Toyota factory work clothes. We got to talking and she told me she was a dealer tech who worked her way up from floor mopper while going to technical school. She'd been working there for a few years, was both intelligent and well spoken, and she owned her own tools.

I told her if she ever got bored to come talk to me about a job.

THAT, my friend, is a unicorn.
    -Marco