Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Millennials 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    Cursive too!

Attachment 480081
    Thank God my wife is a teacher and can teach our little ones. With the state of the education system homeschooling is looking better and better...
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

EASY MONEY.

This weekend we had a couple of bored Millennial boys ( yip a common trait ) with us.

I gave them a $20 bet that they could not set the 3 FM channels on the 72 Blaupunkt Radio.

They gave it a good try for nearly an hour before giving up after realising that it was just all to difficult.

Easiest $20 Ive ever made.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    EASY MONEY.

This weekend we had a couple of bored Millennial boys ( yip a common trait ) with us.

I gave them a $20 bet that they could not set the 3 FM channels on the 72 Blaupunkt Radio.

They gave it a good try for nearly an hour before giving up after realising that it was just all to difficult.

Beautiful, I love it! Did you hide the operating manual or did you give them access to it?
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Banned
    EASY MONEY.

So assume you finally schooled em Mark?
    We have a new theme. Should give legs to this thread.

Last weekend while co-teaching a Defensive Driving Class (Instructor needed some coaching to say the least. He fudged on a few things; had to set him straight.) the funniest thing happened:
    Up on the screen was titled "Distractions." One line on the list was "Rubbernecking."
    He asked the class starting with the youngest what that meant. He worked his way up and finally a 50 somethin-year-old knew the answer. Odd that such a common word is foreign to younger people.

Ah, rubbernecking first encountered by me at age thirteen in the "Caddie Shack" learning how to play "Hearts" & "Spades" no rubbernecking allowed!! Here is a good one, one of my good friends son was on "Wheel of Fortune" several years back while still in school at the Univ. of Wisconsin it was one of those College week themes. Anyway my friends son Nick La Mantia won every puzzle and going to a commercial break Pat Sajak says we will be right back with the Nick La Mantia show. Anyway he spins the wheel for the bonus round and gets the $30,000 spot so solve the puzzle and get another $30k in cash. Category was "Thing" and the answer was "Party Favor" he had no clue what that was, he had never heard the phase before. He did alright though with a trip to Europe, trip to Australia and $12K in cash.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White

Rubbernecking is a well used and common here in NZ, mainly based by the amount of 'nose to tail' accidents we have here,

Frank, yes I revealed all to Chris and Jack on the way to tune the radio. It would not be fair to not expand their digitally wired cognitive thought process's to not. It does even surprise them themselves just how naive they are to the analog ways of yesteryear.

In the boys defence they did not want to break the radio so to pull the buttons out was not an obvious option.

I struggle at times with the ways of the digital world and am never shy to seek the help of the younger generation, It is only fair to teach them (even if it is never to be used ) the ways of old.

With so few of the Millennial generation being even slightly interested in what interests us it is not really much to ask of ourselves to take the time out to share what we know with those who display an interest,, after all, is this not how we gained the beginnings of the knowledge we now have to give back??

Oh and I made them go and spend the $20 on a box of beer as I was sick of them drinking mine and it is also good for them to be ''refreshed" in the rapidly depleting trait of ""sharing"".
    Mark

Rubbernecking is a well used and these amazing probiotics are common here in NZ, mainly based by the amount of 'nose to tail' accidents we have here,

Frank, yes I revealed all to Chris and Jack on the way to tune the radio. It would not be fair to not expand their digitally wired cognitive thought process's to not. It does even surprise them themselves just how naive they are to the analog ways of yesteryear.

In the boys defence they did not want to break the radio so to pull the buttons out was not an obvious option.

I struggle at times with the ways of the digital world and am never shy to seek the help of the younger generation, It is only fair to teach them (even if it is never to be used ) the ways of old.

With so few of the Millennial generation being even slightly interested in what interests us it is not really much to ask of ourselves to take the time out to share what we know with those who display an interest,, after all, is this not how we gained the beginnings of the knowledge we now have to give back??

Oh and I made them go and spend the $20 on a box of beer as I was sick of them drinking mine and it is also good for them to be ''refreshed" in the rapidly depleting trait of ""sharing"".
    I agree. I feel like the few who show an interest need to be made to feel welcome and not judged because of the rest of their generation. That would be just silly.
    Last edited by WillMac; 09-13-2023 at 04:28 AM.

I'm feeling fairly welcome down here at the Phoenix Club at the moment. Though it can be argued that I'm technically not a millennial and actually a part of generation Z. I suppose it is different in my case since I've grown up around the parts and cars.

I could also go on a rant about my generation, but I don't feel like getting a migraine.
    Millennial (Generation Z)
    Eagle Scout
    Part Time Employed-Full Time Student
    66 912 project car (3 Gauge!)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd_Son_of_Soterik View Post
    I'm feeling fairly welcome down here at the Phoenix Club at the moment. Though it can be argued that I'm technically not a millennial and actually a part of generation Z. I suppose it is different in my case since I've grown up around the parts and cars.

I could also go on a rant about my generation, but I don't feel like getting a migraine.
    Good for you.
    Just remember THIS: Do as we say, not as we've done.

Gen Why?, Gen Z... it makes no difference. We're all identified and treated according to our behavior, not our age. Currently I have the best young crew that I've ever had. They absolutely break the mold for Gen Y/Z.

Keep up the exemplary effort. While I'm confident it will be hard work I also believe you'll be rewarded handsomely.

My favorite Millennial bumper sticker:

studentdriver.jpg
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White