Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Millennials 2.0

This article was recently published by my alma mater. I thought it might be pertinent to some.

http://www.dailycal.org/2017/03/06/d...ral-snowflake/
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    This article was recently published by my alma mater. I thought it might be pertinent to some.

http://www.dailycal.org/2017/03/06/d...ral-snowflake/
    Nice to see we have equal representation by the moderators here. I am going out on a limb here but I am guessing Peter was a BCR member while in school. That should get people to read the article!
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    Nice to see we have equal representation by the moderators here. I am going out on a limb here but I am guessing Peter was a BCR member while in school. That should get people to read the article!
    When I was going to Berkeley, I think I called myself a "progressive" because, as a person who is always trying to keep the peace (even to this day - recall my earliest moderating efforts before I learned a little flexibility), something in between Republican & Democrat seemed to make the most logical sense to my young brain. There was no BCR that I'm aware of at the time. That was thirty years ago. What I believe now is not material. I just thought it was an interesting article. Back to our regularly scheduled program.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Banned
    That was a breath of fresh air.

It staggers me that these young people are so blind to objective truth that they believe a rigged game will ultimately support their agenda. Denying reality and the forces that control all of our lives won't end well for these snowflakes. The bio-sphere that they're attempting to create will implode because at some point they will offend each other and start feeding on their own. (Case in point: The author is distancing himself from this movement.)

"A house divided against itself will fall."

When your team loses Bill Maher and Van Jones it's time to reconsider your core principles.

But...

There's "nothing new under the sun". The bedrock of this movement is good 'ol fashioned selfishness. As mature adults it's our job to not only raise our own children to avoid this type of narcissism but to mentor and challenge anyone who is tempted by this destructive mindset. Comfort, pain-free living, and recreation have become our gods. Rather than engage in healthy conflict we take the low road, shirk responsibility, and run away from opportunities to help others grow. "It's their life and none of my business. They will figure it out eventually."

Really? And what will that cost them and others in the meantime?

Happy Women's Day Off!
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White

Banned
    The irony in this is awesome.

Me thinks there will be more unemployed woman tomorrow than there are today.

But there is a Silver Lining: Since schools are closed because female teachers won't be there, working mother's playing hooky will have the day to spend with their kids.
    But hopefully they don't plan on going out to eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 03-08-2017 at 04:54 AM.

On my way into work this morning I wished a "Happy Women's Day Off" to the girls in the Starbucks, they just laughed! Who are these women that are going to march today?
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White

Apparently, calling millennials lazy shows bias at the University of Arkansas.

https://walton.uark.edu/business-com...ivewriting.pdf
    Last edited by setho; 04-02-2017 at 03:57 AM.
    Seth O.

ESR #2474
    1966 911 - '77 2.7L Hot Rod
    1967 Pontiac Bonneville - '70 455
    2000 996

WANTED: 1966 Transaxle 229835-902/1

Banned
    From the same website. Apparently they missed these micro-aggressions:

All of our tutors are eager to help students progress as communicators. Any student, no matter how good of a writer or public speaker he or she might be, will see their communication skills improve after working with one of our peer tutors, graduate tutors, or communication consultants.

We also collaborate with professors and teaching assistants to help them develop presentation or writing assignments, handouts for particular assignments, as well as conduct in-class or outside-of-class tutorials and workshops.

Here are just a few of the services we provide:

Focused attention on your strengths and weaknesses as a communicator
    Immediate feedback on writing and public speaking assignments
    Outside-of-class tutorials and workshops
    Tailor-made handouts and presentations for your classroom

"he or she" is not gender neutral and very insensitive to people who identify as Zie.

"Strengths and weaknesses" is very offensive as it assumes a person may have qualifications or attributes that are either greater or less than another person. All people should be treated equally.

For anyone out there who buys into this mumbo-jumbo please step out of your safe space for a moment and let us know how this isn't going to backfire on you.

The company I work for decided to have an Easter egg hunt at work today for fun. There are Millennials all over the place. Looking on shelves, behind printers, under desks, in closets, etc., searching in departments they've never stepped in before. Quite amusing. I think HR has found a solution for getting Millennials out of their safe-spaces.

Lee
    Member #1277