Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Millennials 2.0

Banned
    Stand up daughter you've got there Mark.

For every Mill that can change a tire there are 10,000 that can't. Or won't. Not without an "app" for it.

I suppose they could youtube it if they had no other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post

No and Yes .

She knows how to turn the water off to the house and change a tap washer.
    She has been taught how to fix the "billy" basics.
    She is still my kid,, all be it 1/4 century old.
    I just try my darndness to learn how to keep educating my next generation ,, I really do
    My pay back was that Liz ,, through her effort ,, gave herself enlightenment.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post

For every Mill that can change a tire there are 10,000 that can't. Or won't. Not without an "app" for it.

I suppose they could youtube it if they had no other options.
    You are definitely right about that Frank. You would be surprised what you run into out there in the real world.... When I was working at the Sheriff's Office I once pulled over to help some millenials with a flat tire. Not only did they not understand why the jack wouldn't jack the car up anymore, (they had placed it on the frame in the middle of the car instead of the proper jack points so they weren't able to get a good turn on it to do anything) they also tried putting the spare tire on backwards and couldn't figure out why the wheel wouldn't go on. After I changed it for them and sent them on their way I realized that this generation is SCREWED....
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

You cannot win them all.

Yesterday I picked up my son nearly 12 from school and dropped one of his mates off at his home who lives near by.
    The boys wanted to muck about with the car, which I am always happy to allow,, its how they get interested in stuff.

IMG_0224.jpg

What I didnt notice was that they had turned on both the internal lights.

Long story short,, My son now knows how to remove both the batteries, unscrew the cell caps,check the water levels, identify positive and negative and the correct way to use a trickle charger now.

Tomorrow he can advise and help me to put them back in. I write notes and draw basic pictures that are easy for kids to understand, Reinstallation will be the reverse of his notes.

What could possibly go wrong,,,hahaha

Mark

So, like I live in this country that ,,,,

,, to me looks like a strangulated bowel floating around in the South Pacific,,

Couple of thousand sheep and a couple of dozen families,,, u all know wht i mean.

So today , went for drive. Stopped out west ( thats west Auckland for the un be known )

If you survive west AK your off to the West Coast,, black sand land,,

The west coast has iron black sand,, so any way .

Im filling the 72 up and this "shella" ( slang for a girl) jumps in her car , slaps the iphone to her suckie cap ,, and proceeded to reverse straight into the opposite row of bowsers.

Like Im hanging up my own nozzle incase the whole bloody gas station forcourt dosnt just go "off"

I , still got to pay etc,,

Drama Drama f in Drama.

I can see why they make Frank grumpy
    Mark

Banned
    Probably considered Gen Why? but still applies.
    These young people have been brain(?) washed by their parents to believe they can accomplish anything they want, as long as they have the opportunity. THIS is priceless.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/0...tcmp=obnetwork

I read this and had to share it on lol

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle...ectid=12111276
    Mark

Mark

Banned
    Awesome. Technically Gen Z but who cares.

Just wait til they find out we actually had to MEMORIZE phone numbers as well!

We could absolutely bring this younger culture to its knees by reimplumentling rotary phones and manual transmissions.

Cursive too!

cursive.jpg
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!