Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB: Porsche keyring old style

dear Donzenac,

many keyfob manufacturers from uk or the us did reproduce the keyrings and of course the porsche logo.
    so as a matter of fact, many are out, but I am concentrating on the items „original porsche“, not aftermarket.

below you find the extracts of the advertisement catalogue from the factory from 1967...
    this is the item I was looking for and which was published in several advertisments of the factory.

note: the horse is not a donkey..and never will be
    question: why did you delete the link to your mentioned key ring?
    http://classicleatherfobs.co.uk/prod...egory/porsche/
    it is interesting to see, that „fake“ with a lot of flowerish description creates reality!
    also interesting, that aftermarket articles are valued more € precious than factory originals!

images on behalf of karim

br

haul
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by haul; 01-17-2018 at 01:19 AM.
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by Donzenac View Post
    It was only in the later 1970s that Heubach in Germany started to make their own Porsche keyrings with a slightly different drawing.
    so i am just wondering where is the truth ... (?)
    Sorry the village is Heubach and the Company is called Fritz Reu and produced Porsche stuff since the 50ies.
    Why on earth should Porsche have something being produced in England (that joined the EU in 73 and had a horrible exchange rate back then) when every single Factory Badge came from Reu who are just 45 minutes away.
    BTW. Reu is still in the business https://www.fritz-reu.de

Hi Uli

If it helps this is the stamp on the reverse of a Porsche keyring made by REU company. This example is later than 1967 -- sharing it in case the wording and dimpled finish informs the discussion:

image.jpeg

Kind regards

Steve

Dear Steve,
    if you could also post an image of the front.....

br

haul
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Hi Uli

If it helps this is the stamp on the reverse of a Porsche keyring made by REU company. This example is later than 1967 -- sharing it in case the wording and dimpled finish informs the discussion:

image.jpeg

Kind regards

Steve
    Hi Steve
    it's even newer than 1989.
    Zipcode in germany got 5 digits in 89.
    If the zipcode has 4 or less digits it's -89
    Zipcodes were back then abbreviated by omitting trailing zeros e.g if it was 7000 Stuttgart it was 7 Stuttgart an if it was 7350 it often just was 735

Best Uli
    BTW: I'm just planning my trip to Goodwood revival this year - we should meet there. I will stay in Brighton on the seaside from Thu-Sun.

Great Uli look forward to catching up with you again. Will your wife join you? I know she is a car nut too!

I haven't sorted tickets yet as my friend normally obliges but we never miss it.

S

Hi Haul,

Here you go. From our conversations on crest shield evolution I had a feeling is newish as doesn't have those earlier badge colours. Uli has helped date it. Not one I use but nice quality from the people who make factory stuff aparantly --certainly not a donkey ! image.jpg

Probably deserves to be with a later 911 owners key set. not my drawer.

S

in order to provide some reference pics for the "official factory" key fobs - seen above in the accessory list form 67 - old style and some from the later series.

- the "porsche" script is silver lettering on white enamel, close set to the ends, minimal spacing, nicely curved.
    - the deer bars are black enamel with silver framing on dimpled transparent orange background.
    count the deer bar end to be sure.
    - the "Stuttgart" script is also silver lettering on white enamel, like the above mentioned "Porsche" script.
    - the horse is complete silver, needs to have the eye and it does have a distinct shape. the enamel is dense yellow
    - the black enamel is dense, the red enamel is dimpled transparent
    - the back side of the emblem does no have any lines, just plain.
    - the leather is grainy, not to much, the stiching is black. the holder for the emblem does bulb the leather a bit.
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

Attached Images Attached Images
    59 750 pre unit triton