Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Features on early MY 1966 cars that changed during fall 1965

Bob,

I have found another picture of my car is his FIA rally identification.
    Here you see a picture of it.
    I can't see very well if the bracket is still there.
    But it looks like there is something...

What is your opinion?

Name:  Schermafbeelding 2016-12-31 om 17.31.18.png
Views: 448
Size:  406.6 KB

Definitely an item in this location in the FIA photo but the width looks wider than the perch shown (EDIT - on the Walker car (red fender) in post #16 and no outside hole.

Elsewhere on the tub pan there were a pair of tabs spot welded to the inside of the seam to hold the gas heater exhaust pipe - but that was further forward under the door.
    The width is closer to that shape...

??

When over-lowered and using non-stiff torsion bars, that location, was right where the CV joint would make contact with the body - could that have been a repair patch or a precautionary contact reinforcement ?

Again ??
    Last edited by Bobs 67S; 01-01-2017 at 07:35 AM.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Bob,

Thanks for your reply.
    I understand the most part of it.
    But when you look to post #16 the last picture is of my car now at the moment.
    The FIA picture is of 1993.
    What is your opinion when you look both pictures?
    Do you think that there has ever been a bracet?
    Or that mine did not have that?
    When you look closer at the picture of post 16 you see
    that almost straight under the vertical welded line there is just on small spot/point.
    Almost thinking that there has ever been something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobs 67S View Post
    Definitely an item in this location in the FIA photo but the width looks wider than the perch shown in post #16 and no outside hole.

Elsewhere on the tub pan there were a pair of tabs spot welded to the inside of the seam to hold the gas heater exhaust pipe - but that was further forward under the door.
    The width is closer to that shape...

??

When over-lowered and using non-stiff torsion bars, that location, was right where the CV joint would make contact with the body - could that have been a repair patch or a precautionary contact reinforcement ?

Again ??

Just an observation - you have photo of the car from a previous time showing that the factory bracket had been changed to the wider shape, and now it is missing.

You have the choice of three,

factory thin width bracket with a hole.
    If you are restoring to original I would replicate the item (matching other period cars - the Walker car photo) with a thin width.

wide without a hole (FIA).
    If you are restoring the car to the FIA period go by the photo from the cars documentation with the wide bracket.

or leave blank.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Bob,

Thanks.
    But what do you mean by the walker car photo?
    We are doing a restoration to original.
    Indeed just measure from another car and distances from certain point, make a hole and I suppose this was just welded?

I am still wondering why the bracket isn't there anymore...
    But do you agree that the bracket could be on the little point/spot/bump on the last picture of post 16?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobs 67S View Post
    Just an observation - you have photo of the car from a previous time showing that the factory bracket had been changed to the wider shape, and now it is missing.

You have the choice of three,

factory thin width bracket with a hole.
    If you are restoring to original I would replicate the item (matching other period cars - the Walker car photo) with a thin width.

wide without a hole (FIA).
    If you are restoring the car to the FIA period go by the photo from the cars documentation with the wide bracket.

or leave blank.

Some info around <3033XX:

303366: Joris (718RSK) it would be nice to know about the routing of heating tube of your car. Also if there is a L-bracket.
    303371: Not yet info about the routing of the heating tube. But I can see a L-bracket (my opinion). See picture below.
    303381: Heating tube above torsion hole. Don't know if L-bracket also needs to be there

Name:  image3-1.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  62.7 KB

Interesting car on BAT.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/196...e-911-coupe-2/

VIN 302038 COA shows production date 07/30/65 which must have been just before summer shutdown.

One of the last '65 model year cars?

Lots of photos

Davep you may be interested for your database
    Last edited by goodtogo; 07-20-2017 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Typo
    Looking for 1967 911 trans 130830/902-1

Quote Originally Posted by goodtogo View Post
    Interesting car on BAT.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/196...e-911-coupe-2/

VIN 302038 COA shows production date 07/30/65 which must have been just before summer shutdown.

One of the last '65 model year cars?

Lots of photos

Davep you may be interested for your database
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-Barnyard-Find
    Scott

Hey, thanks for the link Scott.

Does anyone know the VIN number (range) of when the location of the washer bottle in the front fender moved to the front trunk please?

If not, does anyone have a car around VIN 301834 (mine) who could let me know the location of their washer bottle?

Many Thanks for any input.