Thread: ROW 1971 T carb options

ROW 1971 T carb options

I'm looking for an exact source about carbs mounted on row my71 t's
    I have ead some cars came equipped with Webers instead Solex , can someone give me more information?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravenpower View Post
    I'm looking for an exact source about carbs mounted on row my71 t's
    I have ead some cars came equipped with Webers instead Solex , can someone give me more information?
    Thanks
    According to the Spec book, it could have had Webers or Zeniths.

Ciao

Jim

Do you have a pic of the tech book? Is from a particular engine number or it is random?
    Thanks

Do you have a pic of the tech book? Is from a particular engine number or it is random?
    Thanks
    What, don't you believe me?
    Picture of the Spec book, as requested

Ciao

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I believe you Jim
    Just I havent the spec book and I'm looking if there are more information about the Weber.
    Mine has Weber on it and during the omologation for fiva they told me that they are not correct because the '71 T only used Solex, so I'm looking for documentation to prove that Weber are right too.
    Thanks

I believe you Jim
    Just I havent the spec book and I'm looking if there are more information about the Weber.
    Mine has Weber on it and during the omologation for fiva they told me that they are not correct because the '71 T only used Solex, so I'm looking for documentation to prove that Weber are right too.
    Thanks
    Glad you weren't offended by my warped sense of humor. I am not the world's authority on ROW 911Ts but it appears that they came with both Zenith and Weber carbs and it may be that 5spd cars had Zeniths and Sporto cars had Webers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

As I recall, ROW were Webers. The Zenith/Solex were for smog regulated countries (Like USA and ?).
    H

Mine has Weber carbs since day one (RoW History known) and is a 5 speed..
    Most have Zenith but some 71T had Weber carbs, its correct for this model.
    (Dont know if Weber/Zenith is a ROW/US thing, we would need to have written proof, but its possible).
    Last edited by 911T1971; 10-07-2016 at 01:54 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Thanks to all of you for the information, the spec book will be enough

Idt

There are a few different Weber models used on the early cars depending on engine spec.

Note that the Weber carburetor model used on the 911T was the IDT (not the IDA) as shown in the Specifications booklet.
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165