Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can someone verify this dashboard please ???

can someone verify this dashboard please ???

Can someone verify this dashboard please ??? its not metal feels like plastic any ideas??

I'll verify. It's a dashboard.
    '66 912 with a 2.2
    '62 Lotus Seven S2
    '66 Lotus Elan
    '63 Karmann Ghia convertible
    '76 Alfa Spider

Looks like a RHD SWB core dash. Would be pretty rare if its real, looks real, are you sure it is not metal? Put a magnet on it. I have no experience with RHD parts.

Hi mark defiantly not metal it's very light . It looks like a plastic/resin ? And seems to be one piece , trying to see it it's genuine or not even so aftermarket rhd swb .? Who would make such a thing . There is age to it.

Thanks jonny

Ps if a mod is reading maybe move me to general chat.

looks very factory/SWBish to me..could be that the metal core came off...but like mark..no experience with RHD

I believe this would be from a 67 car. The plastic material looks identical to that of my 67S dash. The material is quite brittle, and is easily cracked. will try and post some pictures of my RHD dash later today

Mark

There are some cracks but looks an easy could repair , so are we saying this is a generic 67 dash or a plastic/lightweight dash of a 67s car?

Regards john

It looks identical to my dash which is correct for a RHD 67S, which from the research I have done , speaking with two other owners of 67s RHD cars I believe this was a one year only dash

John

I would say original and actually correct for '67 and '68 because the one year only two part dash for '68 was only done in LHD, RHD continued with the one from the previous year presumably because not sufficient quantities of RHD to warrant tooling. I believe it is a generic dash for 67 & 68 (rather than something special for the 'S') but quite rare given the number of RHD cars, just a shame it doesn't still have its vinyl covering. Few photos of my dash and yes it is a very delicate resin type material with a type of matted horse hair for the rounded/padded area:
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

I would agree. It is just the same as my '65 and a '68 dash I have. So I guess we can say it would be the same for all SWB RHD cars.