Thread: Backdating 930 fenders - lightboxes with flares?

Backdating 930 fenders - lightboxes with flares?

I'm faced with backdating some 930 front fenders currently on a '72 911T. I've contacted Dave at TRE, as well as Damon at Series 900 and Mark at EB Motorsport in England about backdate lightboxes for use with the flares. Nothing there in steel, composite is available from EB Motorsports for about $900 on a special order basis.

Other than take the TRE steel parts and fabricate a flared fender extension, are there any steel lightbox (parking light) conversion parts being made?

The idea of bolting on the composite parts without having to weld or repaint the fenders is appealing (current paint is great), and I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking they are original ST fenders. I've seen the EB Motorsports parts on narrow fenders and they look pretty good if you can live with the parting line.

Steve
    Last edited by cornerlot; 10-19-2016 at 06:17 AM.

This conversion is still in the back of my mind, but no closer to finding a option better than hand fabricating the flared sections outboard of the light boxes. EB Motorsports continues to say they won't make these parts, after saying at first they would.

Just noticed this on ebay, listing front turbo flare fenders and quarters sets for the long hoods... https://www.ebay.com/itm/253839292302?ul_noapp=true

From the photos they look to be 2-piece, with the flares spot welded on (so they overlap). Not the best method.

JP/Dansk just came out with the 69-73 turbo-look quarters, but no sign there of the front fenders. The ebay seller "Showme Classic Parts" wants $3800 for the fenders alone, and won't tell me where they come from. Their VERY basic web page says they are in Missouri, but I bet the parts are China or Poland (at best). Or, perhaps they are having the flares welded on locally using JP parts.